Chapter 20

"Keep a little fire burning;
however small, however hidden."
-Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Parking my car in the few vacant spots, I quickly jump out and make my way to the house party

Parking my car in the few vacant spots, I quickly jump out and make my way to the house party. I don't know why Leona randomly invited me to this party. The last time we were at a party, she made it abundantly clear that she didn't like me. Either way, I wasn't complaining. Being with Leona is much better than wallowing in my own self-pity at home. I probably would have ended up blasting some depressing music and sulking in my room. Or the kitchen. Both are comfortable.

As soon as I make it to the party, my eyes are instantly scanning the busy crowd for a certain blonde girl who I can't seem to say no to. But, no luck. She's not on the ground floor.

"Hey, Preece. Fancy seeing you here." I look to my side to see a red-head who I don't recognise.

"I'm sorry... Do I know you?" I ask her, crossing my arms over my chest. She frowns, an angry crease etched onto her forehead.

"I'm Devyn... we fucked a few months ago." She says, and my eyes widen with shock. It's not normal for me to forget the faces of the girls I've fucked, so this is a new occurance for me. I tilt my head at her, trying my absolute hardest to remember sleeping with her. But, no. My brain is blank. I slowly shake my head at her, and Devyn scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"I should have listened to my friends." She spits. "They told me you were a womanising dickhead." She spins on her heels and storms away from me, her wavy hair smacking me in the face.

I blink. I blink again. Shaking away the discomfort I just felt, I decided to check the back garden for Leona. As I turn around, however, I see a flash of blonde hair racing up the stairs. Leona. Without a second thought, I chased after her.

The bathroom door closes behind her, causing a wall between me and my destination. I lean on the railings behind me, crossing my arms over my chest and crossing my ankles. I stand like this for a few minutes before Leona finally emerges from the bathroom. When her eyes meet mine, they're pleasantly surprised.

"Preece. You made it." She says, but I'm too distracted. By that fucking blue dress. It hugs her curves beautifully, and she looks so damn gorgeous in it. I want to run my fingers over the exposed skin of her collarbone and down her smooth thighs and taste the sweet cruelty that surrounds her. "You done checking me out?"

I clear my throat. "No."

Leona laughs, taking a step towards me, forcing me to stand straighter. I notice that she's wearing heels that almost make her taller than me. Almost. She runs a hand down my forearm and slowly threads her fingers with mine. "Maybe..." She says. "You can finish checking me out in private. Somewhere where no one can disturb us." I gaze down at her, and watch as a smile smirk paints her face. I gulp.

Looking around, I notice that there's a door slightly ajar, telling me that no one is occupying that room. My hand curls around her waist and I pull her flush against me. I'm pretty sure she stops breathing. Her body fits perfectly next to mine. Leaning into her ear, I lightly kiss the curve of it before saying, "Are you sure, Alana? Because, I won't be holding myself back, this time."

Her hand squeezes mine, and she looks up at me. Leona nods her head. I smile before pressing my palm into her lower back and leading her into the empty room. Luckily, there's a bed in the middle of the room and nobody is occupying it. Locking the door behind us, I turn to face Leona and she's standing in the middle of the room, her eyes never leaving mine.

I approach her, sliding my thumb across the strap of her dress before slowly sliding it down her shoulder. Leona's breathing is shallow and short, telling me that the slightest of my touches has a massive effect on her. I smile to myself. Bowing my head, my lips delicately press to the dip of her collarbone and my hand curls around the back of her neck, gripping it tightly. Leona gasps, her back straightening. Her thigh subconsciously rubs against my own, and I strain with self-control.

I kiss across her chest, my grip tightening on her neck. "Preece." She sighs, and I look up to see Leona's eyes flutter to a close, her head rolling back. I take the opportunity to kiss my way up her throat, over her chin and to the bottom of her lips. Then, I felt her hand in my hair as my lips touched hers. Leona moans into the kiss, sounding desperate and needy. My spare hand grips her waist, pulling her closer to me. Her back arches, deepening the kiss. Her tongue rubs over my bottom lip and then I feel her teeth grazing it before she pulls my lip in between her teeth.

A groan escapes my throat, and my grip on her waist tightens. "Jump." I mumble, and she does. Her thighs wrap around my waist and my hands clutch her thighs, holding her in place. I walk over to the bed, my lips still attached to Leona's. Slowly, I lower myself onto the bed, pressing my heat against her.

She moans into my mouth, and I fist her blue dress in my hands, bunching them up to her hips. And then, I feel it. "You're not wearing underwear." I say, looking down at Leona. She grins, shrugging her shoulders. I glare at her, my fingers caressing her hip bone. "Were you anticipating this?"

She shrugs her shoulders again. "Maybe." She slightly bites her bottom lip, and my dick reacts by twitching insanely. I groan quietly, pressing my lips to her neck. I travel to her throat and back across her chest. "Wait," I hear her say. "Let me take my heels off." She says, reaching down to undo the clasp on her heels. I grab her wrist, stopping her.

"Keep them on." I told her. Leona frowns.

"Why?"

"Because you look fucking hot in them." I tell her, truthfully. "Now..." I reach into my pocket and pull out the condom I had stashed in there before I left my house. Leona chuckles, her hands resting on my chest.

"You also anticipated this, it seems." Leona laughs and I sneer before dropping the condom onto the bed and pulling my shirt over my head. Undoing my belt, I pull down my pants and boxers, and open the condom, slipping it on. Leona pulls me down, kissing me again. "Hurry up and get inside of me, Preece." She mumbles against my lips. "I'm impatient."

"I know you are." I say, pressing my lips to her cheeks. Grabbing both of her wrists in my hand, I pushed them above her head and used my spare hand to widen the space in between her thighs, push up her dress and guide myself inside of her. Leona gasps against my lips. Her head falling back.

My nose rubs against her cheek and I adjust my position before pushing further into her. Her wrists struggle to get free, but I keep a tight grip on them. Her moans and groans fill my ears with pleasure.

Slowly, I pull out and thrust back into her with a little more power. Leona's legs were still wrapped around my waist, making it much easier to hit her deeper than the last time we fucked. I thrust in and out of Leona, short groans escaping my mouth in loud, breathy waves. My hand squeezes Leona's wrists, and she screams in pleasure, her thighs tightening around me.

I lean on my knees and push deeper into her. "Oh!" Leona gasps. "Right there." She moans, kissing my throat. I pull out and push in that exact same spot, watching as she goes completely feral underneath me. Her head rolls back and she bites her bottom lip. Hell, even her cheeks were reddened.

"Right here?" I groan. Leona nods her head. "Yeah?" I continue plunging into her, holding her wrists above her head and keeping her thighs tightly wrapped around me. "You like that, Alana?"

"Faster." She moans.

I thrust faster.

"Harder."

I fuck her harder.

Leona comes with a scream of my name and then we're a mess of heavy breathing and tangled limbs. My knees buckle and my body collapses onto Leona's, our laboured breaths filling the room.

God, I've never felt so damn alive.