Chapter 39

"It's you.
Because no one else makes sense."
-Unknown

It's weird being back home after being with Leona for two whole days

It's weird being back home after being with Leona for two whole days. The relief I felt after wearing some comfy clothes after being forced to stay in those slacks was a different type of comfort. Even though I stayed in my boxers after our shower escapade, the first thing I did when I got home was go to bed and sleep.

Me and Leona finally sorted everything out, but that doesn't mean we're anything more than fuck buddies. I didn't tell her how I truly feel about her, and Leona showed no hint of liking me back.

Call me naive, but I think it's quite understandable that I don't completely trust feelings or words, especially my own. I don't even know whether I truly like her, or I'm letting my sexual attraction towards Leona cloud my judgement.

Today, Leona is going to be taking her Chemistry exam, and I think I'm more nervous than her. I couldn't sleep last night because it was all I could think about.

I look into the mirror, grinning at the sight of hickeys scattering my neck and my chest. I grab my sweatshirt and pull it over my head, before slipping on some cargo pants and a jacket. I quickly leave the house after saying goodbye to my parents and drive to college.

Leona started the exam fifteen minutes ago, and I wait outside the exam hall until she finishes. Even though there's still an hour and a half to go and I've got a lesson to get to, I'm going to wait on this step until she leaves that hall and tells me how it went.

Nerves rattle my body, even though I know she's going to do well, I still feel worried that the tutor sessions havn't paid off.

An hour and a half later, I'm still sitting on the step, twiddling my fingers with nerves. Then, the door opens and Leona walks out, her eyes on the ground. Shelooks up and sees me, her face brightening. I stand up just as she leaps into my arms, circling her arms around my neck. I spin her around, laughing as she squeals.

"Thank you so much." She says, and I put her back on the floor. I'm cupping her face and I'm looking for an answer on how well it went. "Without you, I don't think I would have done so well." She says, and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"So, it went well?" I ask, and she nods her head quickly, a wide smile on her face. I laugh loudly and hug her again, before releasing her and planting a big kiss on her lips. Leona's slightly taken back, but she recovers and kisses me back, her hands around my waist. I cup her neck and it's not until I hear a throat clearing behind me that we begin to pull away.

Ashraf is standing behind us, his eyebrow raised. I laugh at his awkward stance, and he glances between me and Leona. "I thought you didn't like her like that." He says, and I laugh, moving and slapping him on the back.

"Stop being nosey." I say, taking Leona's hand into mine as she stares at Ashraf. I mean, I understand where she's coming from. Ashraf is one sexy motherfucker.