Epilogue

"New beginnings are often disguised
as painful endings."
-Lao Tzu

I'm packing my bags

I'm packing my bags. Tonight, because Preece has his parent's permission, I'm moving in with him. Obviously, it isn't permanent as I'm planning on buying my own place as soon as I have the money, but his parents are more than happy.

Preece said they're barely home, so it'll be just us for most of the time. I couldn't be happier.

"Here's a box of your underwear." Preece says, carrying out a box that has sexy stuff written on the side of that. I place my hands on my hips, glaring at him. I raise an eyebrow and Preece starts laughing, placing the box with all the others.

"If your parents see that, they'll kick me out before I can even settle in." I say, and Preece wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him.

"They won't find out." He mumbled, before lifting my chin and planting a soft kiss on my lips. "Okay? Stop stressing." He says. I feel his hands on my back and they're so warm and they feel like home and they're my safe place and I love him so much.

"Yeah." I mumble. "Well, stop trying to seduce me. We've got so much packing to do." I say, and Preece raises his eyebrow.

"I'm seducing you? Look at where your hands are, right now." He asks, and I look down to realise that they were creeping underneath his hoodie, resting on his abs.

"Hmm." I smile, standing on my tiptoes. "Touché, my love. Touché." I say, pressing my lips on his. Preece hums, his arms tightening around my back.

"We need to stop." He mumbles, pulling away from me. "We'll have enough time to do whatever we want later, but we have to finish packing." He says, and I frown. Preece lifts his finger and taps my bottom lip, before grinning and walking back into my bedroom.

Because there weren't many boxes, we were able to pile them all into my car and still have space for the both of us to sit. I drove us to Preece's house and his parents helped us unload the boxes into his room. Although they were reluctant to let us sleep in the same room, Preece reminded them that they are usually sleeping in a hotel, so our... activities shouldn't keep them tossing and turning all night. I had slapped him on the arm when those words left his mouth, but he had just grinned at me.

Then, we're both falling onto the bed, out of breath from walking up and down the stairs with boxes in our hands. "Fucks sake, I'm tired." Preece heaves, his hand on his stomach. I turn to face him, smiling when I see him close his eyes, his mouth upturned.

I reach up and slowly caress his cheek with my finger, feeling the softness of his skin. The smile on my face widens and I giggle silently. Preece was my shoulder to lean on and losing him was not something that I could handle. We were two broken souls scarred with the wounds from our demons, and we played a very dangerous game of trust and love.

I will forever be his sword, his shield and his love-sick protector. The good, the bad, the ugly. It can never hurt him. He could tell me every terrible thing he's done, and I'd love him anyway. I see my future in his eyes, I see heaven.

I smile a little more when he's around. And I think that's what made me realise that I was in love with him. That without him even trying, he made my life better. He is the light finally leading home.

So, yes. I have wanted to die. But now, I want to die of absolute happiness. Of joy. Of love.

I'm dreaming of her

I'm dreaming of her. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her body, her scent. The way she looks at me. The way she makes my heart sour whenever I'm around her. The way she saved me.

I carried more anger than a thousand armies could ever bear. I was betrayed, deceived, hurt. Believe me when I say that I already crossed hell. And the only time I saw peace was when I looked into her eyes.

She was my anchor when I fell too hard and my hand to hold when I'm broken beyond repair. If I could relive my entire life in order to meet her again, I would. If I could go through the pain of a broken heart just so Leona could heal it, I fucking would.

That's how much she means to me. That's how much her love means to me. Leona was the greatest risk I'd ever taken, and the greatest reward. There's something so uncanny and fascinating about her, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Luckily, I have a lifetime to unravel her until I'm at her core, knowing all there is to know about her.

Honestly, it scares me how much I love Leona. I found her when I wasn't looking, and I love her without even trying. Her arms felt more like home than any house did. I can never get tired of her. The way I can look into her eyes and revel in their beauty. The way the sound of her voice gives me butterflies. How seeing her walk into a room makes me smile. How, at the end of every day, it will always be her. Through and through. Every day, every night, every year, every universe.

The stars can try their absolute damndest to separate us, but me? I'm never letting go of Leona.