Chapter 41

"There is some good in this world,
and it's worth fighting for."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Meredith was at the party

Meredith was at the party. She had approached me as soon as I made it, and tried to get in my head by talking about our past. Then, Leona was there, looking fucking beautiful, and suddenly, it was like Meredith never existed.

She had said goodbye to me, and the first thing I did was approach the sexy girl who had been my every thought. The white, silky dress she wore fit her perfectly, and hugged her curves in all the right places. It showed just enough cleavage to get anyone excited and yearning for more.

And now, we're back at my house and Leona is riding me like there's no tomorrow. We didn't even make it up the stairs, and we both collapsed onto the couch before Leona ripped my clothes off of my body. Her dress stayed on, but her briefs were discarded somewhere on the ground around us.

Her moans filled the room, and her thighs clenched and her hands are running through my hair and she's planting sloppy kisses on my lips and I'm guiding her hips with my hands.

"Oh my God." She whimpers, resting her forehead on my shoulder as she lifts herself up, dropping onto me. Then, there's a series of moans and groans from both parts until we ride out our highs, collapsing onto the couch.

Leona falls on top of me, her breathing heavy and short. I run my hand through her blonde hair as she slowly lifts herself up, grinning lazily down at me. My fingers stroke the skin of her exposed thigh, and I stare up at her beautiful, stunning face. I think she might be the most ravishing girl I've ever laid eyes on.

She smiles down at me, like she knows exactly what I was thinking, and I think it's like seeing her for the first time whenever she looks at me like this.

I may not know her favourite colour, or how she wants her coffee in the morning, but I know that whenever I'm with her, I feel more alive than ever before. I feel like I can never come down from such a high, and it's like fireworks have been lit in my stomach.

I never felt this way about Meredith. No, this is much stronger and completely incomparable to any past relationship I've had. Leona has unlocked a new part of my heart that I didn't know needed a key. She was that key. Her kisses. Her smile. Her eyes. Her body. Her touch.

I want all of it. I want all of her. Leona, who tore down all the walls I built around my heart with one touch. With her, everything is easy. It's like I don't have to worry about what she's doing or who she's with, and I know she doesn't have to worry, either.

I just want her, that's it. All her flaws, mistakes, smiles, giggles, jokes, sarcasm. Everything. I just want her.

I'm ready to open my heart again. To let someone in. Because, with Leona, I'd risk the destruction of the world. I'd risk breaking my heart again. I'd risk falling into that pit with no reassurance of being able to climb back out, because for her, anything and everything is fucking worth it.

Maybe it's love, I don't know. Maybe it's something entirely different. All I know is that there isn't anything I wouldn't do for her.

And, maybe she sees something in my eyes, because she averts away from me and clears her throat, standing up slowly. She pulls her dress down and I sit up, slightly confused in the change of pace.

Leona grabs her briefs before slipping them on. "What's wrong?" I ask her, and she doesn't make eye contact with me as she answers.

"Err... I forgot. Me and Prima have a lunch date. I'm gonna be late if I don't go now." She says, and I raise my eyebrow. She sighs and leans forward, planting a kiss on my lips. I slowly caress her thigh until she pulls away, clearing her throat. "Well... bye. I'll see you later." She says as she walks out of the living room. I follow her out, pressing a pillow onto my dick to cover myself.

"See you later, yeah?" I ask, and Leona nods her head before rushing out of the front door like she couldn't wait to leave. I sigh and walk back onto the room, grabbing my phone. I slumped onto the sofa, calling Ashraf and asking him to come over, even though I told him we'd catch up tomorrow.

***

Ashraf arrives twenty minutes later, a takeaway in his hands. "Oh, you're a lifesaver." I say, as he places it on the table and takes out a box with a burger meal, handing it to me.

"It's from my uncle's restaurant." He says, and this is the first time of heard of it.

"Your uncle has a restaurant?" I ask, taking a bit of my chicken burger. Ashraf nods his head before sitting down, glancing at me.

"So, what's up?" He asks, and I shrug my shoulders, pretending not to know what he's talking about. "Come on, you said you were celebrating, today, but it looks kinda dull, here."

"Yeah." I mumble. "She took off. Again." I say, and Ashraf looks at me, a touch of sympathy in his eyes. "And... I don't know. I want more with her, but I'm scared that she doesn't feel the same." I say.

"What makes you think that?" Ashraf asks.

"When we have sex, she doesn't cuddle afterwards." I say, and Ashraf grimaces. "It's like she's with me, gets what she wants, and leaves."

"Isn't that what the deal was?" Ashraf asks, stuffing a few chips into his mouth.

"I know, but things have changed since then. We've... confided in each other and, I don't know, it seems like we're together without the commitment." I tell him, and I feel his hand on my back.

"There's not much I can tell you, mate." He says. "You need to talk to her about how you're feeling. I know you've been hurt in the past, and I know it's hard for you to open up, again. But, you'll never know unless you try." He says, and I send him a nervous smile.