Chapter 20 (part 1)

Chapter 20

My body buzzed back to life, and the dark cloud of demise began to slowly decapitate from me. The numb feeling I once had vanished and the things around me were made clear again. I could feel again.

A sound, that sounded more like a croak than a sigh escaped the two dehydrated petals on my face. The muscles lining my back, shoulders, arm, and legs screamed in aching pain as I shifted a little to the left. Why couldn't I get up?

I averted my eyes to my toes and wiggled them quickly. Moving my fingers next and sighed of minor relief. The burning hot surge that had ripped through my body yesterday and reduced itself to a milder pain. Shifting once again towards my right arm, that didn't hurt as much, I called out, "Melinda?"

I waited a few seconds for Melinda to come rushing in through the door, but the knob never turned. Narrowing my eyes, I waited some more for Melinda's answer. After a minute with no answer my brown dipped to my nose. This can't be right; Melinda is always here when I wake up. Where could she be?

I tired calling her name once again, louder this time. But when I got back the same reply, silence, I swung my feet over the bed. Wincing at the pain due to my sudden movements. I relaxed for a while. Noting silently to next time not move with such haste in my steps, I looked to the door.

A creak of the hinges sounded. "Princess?" Timothy's voice wondered through the room.

I paused in my sitting position and looked towards him. "Where's Melinda?"

"I d-don't-t know-w." Timothy stuttered. I sighed on defeat. I felt weak and out of energy what will I do without Melinda here? "D-do you n-need hel-lp with-h an-nything?"

I nodded, "Can you help me get to the bathroom, please?"

"Of-f co-ours-se, M-madame." Timothy nodded and came fully from behind the door. Walking further into my bedroom he place one of his arms underneath my armpit and across my back. With the other arm he steadied me, making sure I could hold some of my wait. With a slight pull from Timothy and I pushed from me, I made it off the bed and unto my Jell-O feet.

Gradually, Timothy and I made our way towards the bathroom. Once we made it to the door, Timothy let go off my arms and pushed open the door. "I will be outside if you need anything." He rushed and waddled away from the bathroom.

Stepping my right foot first into the bathroom, I slipped on the pink slippers left in there for me and padded across the large tiled floor. Once the soft cloth of my towel bushes my hands, I retracted my hand and pulled the towel down in swift movement. 

I turned my head and gazed at the closed gold bathroom door. I wanted to bad to ask Timothy what happened? Why did I black out...but I doubt he would have answers to that. Sighing--something I've been doing a lot lately--I turned away from the door and headed towards the glass shower.  

I reached back and gripped onto my shirt hem, ignoring the pain that came with the movement. I slightly winced and continued taking off my shirt. My fingers suddenly halted, and my body froze.  

A gleam of light faced across my vision. I stumbled back a bit and the light disappeared. I took another look at my surroundings, just to make sure I was in Asmodues bathroom and no one was inside with me. I glanced up towards the door, that was still shut. My vision darted to the corner by the cabinet, but it was empty too.  

Shrugging once again I whipped off my shirt and dropped it to the floor. Slipping my foot out of my pink slippers one by one I reached for the buckle of my skirt, but my vision clouded. Another stream of sparkling light, this time blue, lashed across my eyes. Quickly after more streams of light feel from no where in particular, colours like blue, topaz, green, and gold came from left and right.