Chapter 21

Chapter 21

             I moved my left foot involuntarily despite my trembling body; I could feel nothing from my head and lower. Everything that was attached to my limbs was all numb, but yet fear still seemed to press through my fragile bones and causes a pain like no other.

               I was morphing? What was the supposed to mean? That Xavier was right? I was turning into a freak? I'm turning into one of them?

            If that was the case it didn't want to be "morphing". I didn't want to be like Xavier or Asmodues. I didn't want to be one of the devils' minions. I want to be a regular teenage girl. I wanted to go out the movies with Wren and Kim. I wanted to have a crush on a hot jock, and then I want to be heartbroken because he cheated on me with a cheerleader. I wanted to experience normal teenage girl things. '

                I wanted to go back in time, and know that I'll be in bed dreaming of my birthday, that would be tomorrow. I wanted to know that Wren, Kim, Phil and Rita were waiting for me to come down the hall and shower me with hugs and kisses. Most of all I wanted to born of Phil and Rita Smalls, not Celeste Courts and Jeremiah Clove.

                  I really wanted all those memories to be really and not just wishful thinking.

              Glancing back at my hands, my legs lost all their strength and my stiff body fell to the ground. This couldn't be happening to me. I couldn't be becoming a...fiend. Light green rivers continued to snake down my arms towards the Omega and Beta signs on my wrist. Just when you think nothing could be worst than being in Hell, the devil finds away to make it worst. He really knows how to ruin my life.

                  All I asked was to go home; I never did anything to deserve this. But yet he still lashed it out to me. Still he continued to torture me, without laying a finger on me.

            A stinging sensation infested throughout my nostrils, suddenly, and my nose widened immediately. A choking like sound hiccuped from my airway, and my skin grew cold. Unknown to me my cheeks grew moist. The door I had been staring at this entire time grew hazy. I blinked quickly, trying to get a clearer line of vision, but that only released more droplets of rain onto my cheeks. My chin shuddered, knocking my bottom teeth with my top teeth and the hiccups continued to jerk my body.

            I reached up and swiped the moisture from my cheek, but it didn't seem to stop the tears from wetting it again. Another chilling tear streamed down my cheek, but I didn't fall off my cheeks like the others-no-it just seemed to sit there, on the tip of my chin. Waiting...

             After three minutes, the tear detached itself from my chin and made its way down to the waiting carpet. I could hear it, as it slowly followed gravity's lead, and plummeted to the ground with a concluding earsplitting boom! That was it the end of all my happiness-my life.

            This can't be happening, was all I could think, as my body shook from crying. But I knew in reality, no matter how many times I say that it will never change what's going on around me. I was turning into a monster-a scum- in the eyes of most Christians and people who believe in good and evil.

               No one is going to want to be a friend with a girl who hallucinates and has glowing veins of different colours, running through her pale arms. I was alone in the world, with no one to hold me.

                Another set of tears poured from my sore eyes and the hiccups continued. I was alone.

            Alone and being a baby, A voice sneered in my head. My state of semi-unconsciousness dissolved and I lent an ear to the voice. Don't let him ruin you, fight back. Fight back with a fire. Phil taught you to fight back when you were bullied, so fight back. The voice encouraged.