Chapter 13 (part 1)

Chapter 13 (part 1)

           "How dare you?" The devil blared and spun around; jutting his finger in the air, towards me. His eyes grew pitch onyx and he began pacing in front his desk. He clenched and unclenched his fist, his skin paling where his knuckles bent and released.  

          It has been exactly three minutes and the devil has asked that question six times already. All seven princes and I currently stood in the middle of the devils' office, no one answered. Instead we watched the King of Hell having an inner battle with himself and his raged.  

           After Xavier skillfully maneuvered me out of the chaotic situation I had caused, I was dragged into the devil's office. But no before I caught a glimpse of the man who had been nailed to the cross. As the two guards pulled him to his knees and yanked his hands behind him he looked up at met my gaze. His ivory eyes scanned mine for a millisecond, before a smile appeared on his bruised face. 'Thank you' his voice, although more softer, echoed in my head. I nodded and a grin stretched across my face. But my peaceful moment quickly disappeared as the black cloud tried to attack me dove from the chandelier and clawed for me.  

            Xavier yanked me from the ballroom, as more screams erupted from the ballroom.  

          So here I stood with the seven princes waiting for something drastic to occur any second now.

       I looked around the semi-circle the princes had formed, with me in the middle, searching some sort of sign all of this was a dream. But none of their eyes met mine.  

          I turned back to the man still pacing and anticipated my final judgment. 

        "You made a fool of me!" Satan accused and stopped pacing. The devil rose his fist and brought it back down to his desk with an impact that should have hurt any other human person, but not him. The desk lost leverage and split in two, crashing to the hard wooded floor. The devil hunched his back and his body shook.  

           I glanced at the windows fear up-sprang in my throat. 'Oh, Lord what have I done?' I wondered as my eyes, the only part of my paralyzed body that moved, took in the quaking room around me. 

            The paintings on the wall lifted off the wall and smacked back into it. The chandeliers clung onto the ceiling for dare life as they swayed viscously back and forth.  

            For some reason the people around seemed not to notice any of this and instead they were deathly mounted in the places they stood, not even their eyes made a tiny shift. 

            "I am dome with you. You had me at the last straw when I found out you were the product of Jeremiah and your mother." He spat me father's name and darted across the room in supernatural speed. "Then you began mouthing off to me, thinking you run the show. Like someone name you the King of Hell." He voice grew gravely deep. 

             I stared up at him and buckled my lips; not even a mumble. The devil raised his eyebrow awaiting my answer. Realizing I wasn't going to say anything he laughed. Yes, he laughed. "No they didn't, but let me tell you when they do please tell me I could use a break from this job...maybe a trip to Chile."  

            Lucifer spun around and strode towards his broken desk. "I have every right to snap your neck like a twig and watch you bleed out on the floor of my office." 

              Finally finding my voice, after all this chaos, I asked, "So why don't you?" 

         The devil spun around and stalked towards me, "Oh, now misses chatty wants to talk?" He chuckled. "Would you like that, sweetheart, would like to die?"