Chapter 10

Chapter 10

              He was right, I was going to say bastard, but a better word to discribe him was, "Son of a bitch!

                   The devil stepped back a bit, for once I had caught him off gaurd. I watched as afflicted motions flashed into his face. I knew he was feeling the thing I was feeling. My fingers itched to cleave his gelatnious face in three pieces! 

                       "You forced her to sell me! I thought she didn't want me," My voice broke, and salty droplets formed in my eyes. I turned away from the devil, and quickly wiped the stray  tear. "Y-you made me think she didn't care. But she did, she really did care about me. But you forced her to give me away!" I whirled back around and stalked closer to the devil.

                          If it wasn't for this arse in front of me, I would've been with my mother. I would've finally found out where I got my real traits from. I love Phil and Rita, but it nothing can replace the feeling of emptiness when you yearn to see your real DNA.

                             "Charity, you must learn the art of blackmail. If you are to be the Queen of Ha--"

                            "I'm not marrying Asmodues. Not after what you did!" 

                             "No!" The devil yelled his puprle eyes fading into a inky black. "You stubborn little...," He sprinted towards me, just as my heart stopped. My eyes darted around the annoyingly dim room, and landed on the gold serpent on his desk. I shot out my arm quickly and grabbed the dagger, slipping between the little space he saved. 

                              "Don't come any closer!" I warned, the cold gold trembling in my hands. I looked up the devil, trying to slip on a mask of determination, but it wouldn't appear. 

                            Satan looked down at the knife then me, and sucked in breathe. His left foot rose a half inch and I rose the dagger higher. That didn't stop him from stepping closer to me, illiminating any space between him and the dagger. I looked down, the blad slid into his skin and disappeared. I gasped, my wide eyes shot to his.

                              The smirk he had been holding from this morning finally appeared on his lips. He stared down at me, his violet eyes brimming with amusment. I stepped back and fixed my eyes on the dagger still in his chest.

                              This couldn't be happening. That was suppose to hurt him! That dagger was my one protection! 

                                "Oh, I'm sorry...am I supposed to cry for pain right now?" He quirked an eyebrow.

                                I shook my head, and stepped back; my mouth still catching flies. This can't be real. This is one of his illusion, I told myself. It has to be. I closed my eyes the room suddenly feeling stuffy. I pressed the back further against the wall and sighed. Calm down. I ordered and sucked in a deep breathe.

                            After finally stilling my heart, I slowly open my eyes and the devil stepped closer to me. The head of the dagger pressed against my chest, and that started my horse of a heart again. He inclined his head and pressed his lips to my ear, "I should kill you, for--uh--" He chuckled a bit. " 'attempting' to kill me. But, you attempt was...cute--even funny."

                               My mind clouded, I couldn't stop thinking about the dagger stuck in his chest, on moving. 

                          "Now that, that's cleared. I was think the wedding could be on the beach. I know it was you 'dream' to get married in a white dress--and all that--so I decided it will be tradtional. How does that sound, darling?" He dragged out the nickname and he leaned against his desk. His eyes roamed over my body, and I stiffened. "Does Vera Wang sound good? I think I mermaid dress would fit you we--"