Chapter 9

Chapter 9

                My body jolted into sitting postion as someone began spitting out swear words. I looked around my room, and saw no one. Who the heck was yelling so early in the frickin' moringing! I wondered and ripped the sheets off my body. I swung my feet off the bed, and wiggled my toes a bit.

               I stepped onto the cold carpet and padded out my room. "Why is someone swearing so loud so early in the morning?" I yelled and marched into the living room.

                My eyes widened as Mr. Brand reached over and slapped the dark man in the face. The man fell in the pile of broken glass scattered across the floor from the impact and cried out. "You fucking clutz! Pick them up." Mr. Brand spat and grabbed the man by his collar. 

              Just remebering I had legs, I rushed over to Brand yanked him away from the trembling man. "What the heck are you doing?" I yelled while glaring at him.

                  "You have to descipline your slaves."

               "Slaves? There will be no 'discipling' of 'slaves' in my room!" I raged. "Do you not see the color I am! That is so disrespectful!" What is wrong with these people and treating others like garbage.

                   Hesistating for a moment, realization finally hit Mr. Brand, and he frowned. "My princess, I did not mean to disrespect your people. It will not happen again." He promised and downcasted his eyes to the ground.

                 I turned to the man. "Don't pick those up. Sit and eat something." I rolled my eyes over to the plates of breakfast on the table.

                I turned back to Brand, "I hope you suck in all the dignity you have, and stuff it far up your ass." I smirked at him. "Why don't you go and pick those up off the floor."

                 "No." He snapped and narrowed his eyes at me.

               I raised one eyebrow. "Really? Disobeying and disrespecting royalty, are you now?" His eyes widened and he looked away. "I thought a while ago you promised me it would never happen again?" I questioned Mr. Brand, and once again he downcasted his eyes and kept his mouth shut. 

                    "And as I recall, people here call me Princess Charity. That does mean something to you, right?" Mr. Brand said nothing. "Don't do that ever again." I warned him and motioned to the shards of glass. "Start your duty."

                  I walked away as Brand moved over to the pile of glass, and smiled at Melinda. "Good morning, Melinda. How was your night?"

                     "Wonderful, Misses, But it is not morning. It is six in the evening."

                  I stared at her. I slept that long? What is wrong with me? Maybe it's the heat, all this heat would make a person pooped out. "I slept that late?"

                 "The masters came in a few times to check to on you, but you were asleep. "

                  "So what they got tired of waiting and sent Brand?"

               "Yes." She nodded, and glanced over at the man picking up the glass peices. A smile played on her lips. "Would you like any tea?" She averted her eyes back to me.

                 "No thank you." I rushed into the bathroom, and took a quick shower. I ran a finger through my thick curly hair and stared at myself in the mirror. Why did I look...hotter than usual? No pun intended.