Chapter 14

Chapter 14

                  Fighting the urge pulsing through my veins to rip off my swollen eyelids; I pressed them shut ignoring the pain reminding me of the events last night.

                  A heavy sob escaped my cracked dry lips and I pulled my legs up to my chest. The rhythm of my body shaking as I cried into the cradle formed by knees, advocated the picture of Rita's lifeless eyes to flash in my mind. I wanted them to stop. I wanted them to all go away. I wanted all of this to be a really bad dream. But I couldn't stop shaking--my brain pushing the memories to the tip.

                     Pulling the rough sheets over my head, I fought more and more to empty my mind.

               Rita. My mind moaned and my conscience clawed at my heart. The ached of it  hurt fingered violently at my chest, and yielded another moan from my mouth and pulled the sheets closer to my body.

                      A stiff chill slid across my body coating it fully.

                     Rita....you killed your mother... My voice whispered and I feel into a coma of dull sleep.

                    "Is she up yet?" Someone asked and the edge of the bed dipped.

                  "I'm not sure, Prince Abigar." Melinda whispered. "She has been very broken about..."

                      Xavier said nothing and silence feel over to room again.

               Three minutes of quite eased in, everyone--including me--waiting for something to happen. Finally I twisted my body so that my back touch the bed and the weight on the edge of bed disappeared.

                   "Is she waking?"

                "I do not know, sir." Melinda asked and a warm met my forehead and I groaned. "Misses are you up?"

                    "No." I croaked and turned away from her.

                 "The prince is here to see you, Princess." She explained and continued to press her fingers to my neck and forehead. "He's been waiting very long."

                I said nothing and kept my eyes closed. I didn't want to talk to anyone from this dump; they were no really help at all.

              I parted my lips slightly and sucked in large breathe, the walls of my throat burning from the constriction. "Tell him to leave me alone." I grumbled.

                "I cannot tell him that, Princess, he will...hurt me." She voiced nervously.

              Placing my elbows on both side of my sides I pushed my aching body in a sitting position. I narrowed my eyes, my pupils began to get rid of the luminous light ahead of them.

             When my eyes adjusted to the light I scanned the room lightly and my eyes landed on Xavier, "Fine. What do you want?" I crooked.

                "You look like Hell." He remarked moving closer to the bed.

                 "I didn't ask you." I snapped with what I still had.

                 "Just observing..." He shrugged.

                "Were you sent here for a reason or you just want to laugh in my face?"

                   "I think both...But..." He paused. "I think I'd prefer to just laugh at you."