Chapter 13 (part 2)

Chapter 13 (part 2)

             The evil man in front of me smirked and threw his head back. His movement pulled Rita down with him . My body snapped up in an erect position as he titled her back, the blade of his dagger reviving red fluid from her upper neck. The sound of incising of flesh caused my body to flinch and I looked into Rita's terrified eyes.

                I was causing her some much distress and pain. What type of daughter am I? They give me everything I needed. My clothing, health, love and everything else a growing child needs; and I repay them with death and desolation. They deserved none of this.  I wasn't going to let my mother, die under my watch—all because of my stupid mistake.  

                I turned my head, and meet Asmodeus' probing gaze. He switched to his left foot, glancing for just a minute to his master. His eyes turned back to me and warning shot through them.  Looking away from him, I scoped the silent room; it was although time had frozen. Everyone's' gaze on me...waiting for me to do another stupid thing, so that the devil could rip us all to pieces.  

                Finally turning back to the man that has caused all my uncertainty and destitution,  my chin shot up to the ceiling—silently showing him I was backing down. My valiant clashed with his tantalizing one and my lips parted.

                "Let her go, and I'll..." I took in a shaky breathe, and switched my gaze to Rita. This is for all that she's done for you. I reminded myself, and began my petition with valiance, "I'll marry Asmodues' and head to all of your rules."

                The devil cocked his eyebrow and his grip on Rita's neck slipped a tad bit. I breathed out inwardly, he was considering.

                "You'll marry Asmodues, eh?" He asked and I nodded. The devil turned towards his follower and a grin slipped onto his face. "Did you hear that? She'll marry you!" A deep annoying laugh echoed through the hall.

                "Sweetheart," The devil stopped laughing and turned back to me. "I don't need your permission to have you and my loyal follower to marry. I've already done it."

                My eyes widened, and my mouth dropped. I gaped like a fish out of water and sought out Asmodues eyes, but he wouldn't meet mine. His gaze darted everywhere in the room, but me.  He knew exactly what was going on, he told me this event was our engagement party! Not that we were already married.  

             That bastard—if I could I'd strangle him and then slice up his body then stuff them down his mouth I would! All of them were bastards! They all knew about the secret and never bothered to mention it.  Melinda was right all along, you can never trust the devil or his minions. I was an idiot to believe any of the lies he spat out at me. I should've known, that's what why Adam and Eve were put in a life of sin and turmoil, because Satan was good at lying and deceiving people. That's what he was made for. Lying and betraying people was his whole life. He enjoyed  doing it.  

           Satan enjoyed ruining people's lives. And I certainly know he enjoys ruining mine. For all I know he could've made up the entire story of my mother selling me to him.  The image he put in my head could've been a sham, the dreams I had been having about my mother could be put in my head by him.  Maybe the woman standing in front of me wasn't my real mother. Maybe, it was a projection.

              I wasn't sure about any of this, but I was sure of one thing: I was getting out of this hellhole.

             "Fine, I guess our deal is broken then. But don't expect me to respect you or any of your fiends any better. I maybe nothing to you, but we are an equal ratio. You're nothing but dirt under my feet." I stuck my index finger out at the devil, narrowing my eyes at him. "And with the help Jesus Christ," I emphasized, enjoying the sight of the devil flinch, I pledged, "I will get out of here. And hopefully destroy you." I spat and looked towards Rita.