Chapter 1

April 7, 2011

April 7, 2011

                 Something heavy, moist, and sticky glided up and down my face. I scrunched my face and rolled over on my left side. I muttered a quick 'Leave me alone' and pulled the sheets closer to my face. When the constant terror didn't end I peeled open my eyes and rolled over. 

                     My puppy. 

                     The fat French bulldog sprawled himself across my flat stomach and closed his eyes. I reached up and scratched behind his ear. His black eyes snapped open with alarm and he whined in protest. Rufus jumped off the bed and jumped onto my computer chair. "It's about time you woke me up." I scowled him and swung my feet off my bed. My toes curled in as they hit the cold, hard wood floor.

                     "C'mon, bubba." I called after Rufus. I heard his paws scratch against the floor as he ran to catch up with me.

                      I shoved open the bathroom door and Rufus raced in. He hopped on the bathtub and slide down in it I shook my head at him and grabbed my toothbrush.

                       The things that is so wrong with my dog. He's such a mental midget. After brushing my teeth, I picked Rufus up out the bathtub.

                       "I will bathe you later, because you stink." I told him and kicked him out the bathroom.

                     He rushed back to get inside, but I shut the door before he could. I locked the door, so he couldn't magically open the door, and stepped in the bathtub. I threw my clothes off and switched on the hot water. I tried my best to ignore Rufus' unbroken whining and pawing at the door.

                        Finally, after 15 minutes of irritation, I shut off the water and wrapped my peach towel around me. I opened the door and Rufus looked up at me with big eyes. He placed his but on the floor and smiled at me. I scowled at him and picked him up.

                           "You're in big troubled, Mister, we just got that door fixed. Yesterday." He whined and nuzzled my arm. I dropped him on my soft red carpet, by my library and moved to my drawer. For once, he stayed put.

                              I switched into my pink t-shirt and black skinny jeans, and then ran down the stairs. Rufus followed me hot on my trail.

                           "Good Morning, Charity." My mom smiled. She was a middle age woman, around her forties.

                         "Good morning, Mommy." I kissed her cheek and opened the fridge. I scanned the items from: ham to cheese to bread to orange juice and so on. I finally settled for milk and cereal. I pulled the Lucky Charms out the cupboard and heated the milk.

                              "Did your father wake up yet?" My mom asked.

                            "No. I don't think so at least." I glanced at the clock above the microwave. "It's seven-twenty." I told her.