Chapter 8(part 1)

Chapter 8

               "So this is what you do? You drag a girl to Hell to get married to a demon!" I asked, glaring at the intimidating man in front of me. "This is so wrong!"

              The devil glides across the room, his eyes not leaving mine. "I lied. And why is that surprising to you?" he raised his black brow.

                   My frown deepened, he was right why am I surprised he lied to me?

                  "Your mother made a deal with me. And you are to marry Asmodues."

                 "I'm not marrying anyone." I assured him. This guy had to be exceedingly stupid if he expected me to give into him this easily. I mean he stalked me for five years...or more...he should know I'm far from a girl who you could deem as a push over. I mean if you were going to be creepy and stalk a thirteen year old girl at least learn something about her.

                    "You will marry Asmodues if you cherish your mothers' life." He stared down at me, his face as calm as his voice. Any evidence of him bluffing was probably micro because I saw none. His face was just...still.

                   "Which mother?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

                The devil let out a throaty laugh, his broad chest and shoulders moved up and down as he did. "Does it matter which one? I didn't know you had a preference, Char. Which one would you like the woman who sold you or the one who stole you from your ADORING mother and lied to you?" He cocked his eyebrow.

                That serpent! He was making a mockery out of my misfortune! My eyelids wrapped around my irises even more and I stared at him til he finished his fit of laughter.

                "Well, everyone has favorites, Luce, who do you prefer the one who gave order to annihilate you or the one who did it?" I mimicked his cocked head and rose my eyebrow.

              The laughter that was once evident in his eyes dissolved and a flash of anger assembled in them.

                       "Do not flatter me, Charity I am not easily flattered. But easily angered."

                     "But it was an innocent question. You asked me who I preferred and I wanted to know who you preferred." I batted me eyes and smiled. Maybe if I keep up this facade he'll leave quicker.

                    The devil grunted, "And I have an innocent question for you. Would you rather me split Rita in half, make her eat her intestines then run her over with a car or...would you rather me have you split her open and feed her to the hellhounds?"

                        I glared at the devil. "You--"

                        "What it was just an innocent question?" The devil shot back.

                     I inhaled deeply and squeezed my eyes shut. I was going to be the flower in the fireplace! Forever stuck in this place, burning until I turn into ash. I can't become that, I can't stay here for the rest of my life.

                   But I couldn't let Rita died. Despite the fact she lied to me, she was the one who wiped my runny noes and shopped for my prom dress with me. She was there holding me when I got in a fight with my friends. Deep down I knew I still loved her she is--and will always be--my mother no matter what.

                     I sighed. "Fine--but under two conditions."

                   The devil chuckled, "Trying to negotiate with me, Charity?"

               "I will marry Asmodues if I have your word the Phil and Rita will be safe..." He nodded. "And," I continued, "I want to know everything about my mother and father and why they gave me up."

              Satan paused for a minute then smiled, "Agreed." He held out his hand and took it. My fingers sunk into his spongy skin. I winced and looked up at his heliotrope eyes, that were transfixed on me, as though he didn't feel my hand sinking into his.

                  I drew back my hand and looked away. This dude seriously freaked me out. "Before I marry As, I--"

                   "Asmodues, that is what we call him in Hades."

                   "I don't care." I snapped. "You have to uphold your end of the stick, first. I want to everything--and I mean everything." I instructed and waited for him to answer.

                   "I'll uphold me end, but will you?" I ignored him and looked over at Melinda who had just let herself in her room. She glanced over at me and froze. She looked around the room frantically, I beckoned her to come closer.

                 "Master," she bowed and turned to me. The devil disregarded her presence and turned away.

                 "Make sure she gets enough beauty sleep. We don't like ugly people in Hell." He ordered over his shoulder to Melinda, before leaving.

**********************************

Sorry it was so short... And probably boring. I have to upload more but I'm super tired and bummed out. I think I failed my two tests and it's had me in a bad mood ever since Friday. :( sorry my honeys I did 't mean to take it out to you. I'll try to upload the rest when I have time...maybe on the train or when I get home from .

But anyway!!! Thanks I live for you guys!! :)

P.S. I just wanted to say thanks to all who added 'Sold' to their library liked it or became a fan of me. I'm sorry I couldnt write you guys I still didn't get back my laptop....so fo-ey!! But I love y'all!!! :D

XOXOXOXOXO and an extra kiss!!! Mwah! Edwrdcullen1918