𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

After that night with Neteyam, he had changed the next day. Naya noticed how he was being more silent and cold with her all day, she wanted to ask him about it so she kept her mouth shut.

Both of them silent, sitting down on the sand on the beach, it had been a whole day without exchanging words, she was fidgeting her hair, trying to ignore the fact that he still looked pissed, and she knew that is was from yesterday, he hadn't moved on. "What's wrong Neteyam?" She asked, breaking the painful silence between them. "I'm fine." Responding dryly.

Naya still looked at him, but he wouldn't return his eyes to her, she wished she could fix everything, and she even thought everything was done but guess it wasn't. "I'm leaving, talk to me when you are not with this attitude." Naya said, she stood up and before she was about to leave she looked back to see if he was looking at her, but to her disappointment, he wasn't, not even one muscle moved.

Neteyam was just sitting down looking at the ocean, it was calm, no waves. He sighed harshly, he just couldn't stop thinking of Naya being so flirty with Azau, it just made him even more angry. Even if they already had past over it, he wanted to but just couldn't.

He felt bad for not talking to her but knew that he would probably make her cry. He inhaled and exhaled trying to clear his mind. Neteyam did want to stop her from leaving earlier but was filled with so many thoughts.

So he stood up and went to look for her, he had to fix this, even though it was her who started all of this, but he didn't want it to end like this. As he searched for her he couldn't find her, it was already afternoon, and the sun was getting lower.

Before he was heading back with his family, but he heard voices from afar, he recognized those voices, it was Naya's and a male voice. He then got closer to the voices, the male voice that he heard was Azau. He hid behind one of the other marui's, and started to listen.

"Come on, we would be great together Naya!" Azau telling Naya, both of them standing in front of her marui pod. "No Azau, we won't!" She responded back, her ears going down and it was clear that she was getting annoyed. by Azau's persistence. Neteyam wanted to kick his ass, but wanted to see where this will go.

"Why not Naya?" Grabbing her arm, she looked the other way, not daring to look at him. "What about last night huh? You were definitely flirting with me!"  He yelled at her, trying to pull her closer by her arm. "I was bored, okay? I don't like you or find you interesting Azau, I would rather die than be with you."  She said, turning her head to him, she looked at him with disgust. "Is that guy isn't it?  The forest boy."  He asked. "It's none of your business." Pulling her arm off of his grip.

Naya started to walk away from him, not looking at him. "They won't accept this, you're parents." He said while smiling, she paused. "And they would never accept someone who already is mated with a common girl back at your clan." She responded back, turning to him again, staring at him, he was shocked. "Yea, i know about that, i'm not stupid, and i would tell your parents about it, if you say a word about me and...."  She paused. "Neteyam." Starting to walk towards him again slowly. "I would say what i know about your dirty little secret to your parents." She smiled at him, then her smile faded and looked up and down at him. "Disgusting." she said, walking away and leaving Azau speechless.

Neteyam witnessing all of it, thinking of how well Naya handled this by herself, and she even looked secure and confident when she spoke, Neteyam felt bad for not even talking to her all day.