𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐬

Middle of the day.

After Naya and Neteyam had breakfast, Neteyam left to his place and left Naya to do her things

Naya was in her room, and was thinking about what Neteyam said, about being nothing to each other, something about it lingered in her mind.

They were doing so good, so it took her back about not being nothing in the end, like, did he mean it in a non deep way? so weird.

It was just odd.

She patted with both her hands to her face to stop the thinking and start prepping herself for this long day ahead of hers, not really excited since she was expecting bachelors at any second.

Going through her stuff while choosing what to wear to be comfortable but presentable in case if someone were to visit her.

Eywa really is testing her today, first the non attachment to Neteyam, then this. Great.

Her named was called out, muffled from outside.

"Naya!" She recognized that voice out of anyone, it was her mother, raspy and angry voice could be heard, she didn't go to see her mother, instead Ronal came to her.

Naya was putting the clothing on top of her bedding and turned to see her mother staring at her with a serious face, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"What is it Mother?" She asked worryingly. "Why aren't you ready?" Her mother asked, both her arms with her palms pointing at her.

She kept quiet and grabbed the clothing and showed it to her mother. "Just wanted to see if this was appropriate for now." Naya shrugged at the suggestion.

Ronal nodded and Naya walked to her changing room and came out, her mother looking at her up and down, seeing every detail. "You look presentable, now come on, your bachelors are waiting."

"What do you mean?"  Naya asked, her Mother just scoffed and just walked out of her room.

Naya looked down at her outfit and sighed, trying to calm herself before going out, it felt weird seeing other men trying to get to her, like she was some fish in the sea.

She walked out of her room and corrected her posture and walked out.

Seeing her mother already waiting for her, both of them walking along with each other and the silence was not awkward; but just right.

"So..." Naya blurted out, getting her mother's attention. "What am i expecting from these bachelors?" She asked.

Ronal looked at her for a second. "Expect many compliments, praise, and most of all handsome young men." A teasing tone from her mother came out as she said those last words, Naya just looked at her weirdly, not expecting that from her.

"Oh my Eywa mother-" She let out a scoff as she still could believe it. "Oh Naya, please don't be that naive that i don't realize that at your age that looks don't matter." Ronal smiled.

Naya nodded and just said 'yea.'

Their relationship could be very close yet distant, having their moments but at the same time their worst ones. She couldn't say she didn't have a good relationship with her mother, but not perfect either.