26 - Start of something new

Mina

It's been two weeks since I came back to the city. Many things happened, I sold my old apartment and bought a new one, I am still in touch with Jihyo and others, my work will begin tomorrow and lastly, Chaeyoung left me. Yes. She left me!

I'm such a fool thinking we can work that out, while she is a coward that left me without even saying a word. She didn't answer any of my calls either! We were fine that morning. We even had breakfast together. She told me that she's gonna make it to the tour because she needs to do something and I believed that. I thought she was just busy and didn't have time to text me that night. And the morning after and the next day. I talked to her friends and her cousins but they all just said that they were sorry for me. That this is Chaeyoung's decision? That is so unfair! At least they told me why she left or where she went, right?! But I don't want to remember any of that.

"Hey, Mina. Let's go home. You have class tomorrow." Momo said.

We already had enough drinks and I already feel tipsy. Momo and I are just having some drinks and keep asking me why I am drinking, she isn't used to this. I'm not a drinker. I'm never the first one to ask them to drink.

"I'm fine, Momo. Let's have another round." I said and called the waiter.

"No. We're done. I'll drive you home."

I didn't have a choice, she just insisted that we were done drinking, that I'd had enough. I don't know how Momo can still drive me home thinking she drank a lot too. But I don't care. I feel dizzy.

"Oh god! Look at you, Mina! You're so wasted!" I heard her say after I fell to my bed.

"Whatever." I just said and hugged my pillow.

"Call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Mmm. 'kay."

After she left, my tears started running down again. Thinking how Chaeyoung left me. Thinking about what I went through, what she caused me. Crying all night, I didn't get to enjoy my tour because of her. I ended my tour, the week before its original schedule. I didn't want to torture the pain that I am feeling. I feel betrayed by what she did to me. To her cousins and friends that keep lying to me. I thought they were my friends too.

---

I woke up with the alarm and turned it off immediately. I have a morning class today so I need to get up now or else I will lose my job. Tsk. I get up and find some medicine to ease my headache. Gosh! I don't want to drink again. And find something to eat in my fridge, and there's nothing in here. I forgot to go to the grocery 'cause I was too lazy and just hanging out in my room. Yeah. I'm not productive. I saw some cereal and ate some of them and I decided that I'm just gonna eat on campus.

And now I am at the cab, reading some lessons that I was gonna discuss with my students later. I don't have a car yet because I bought a new apartment. And it was 1 hour away from the campus. Tsk. But it has a nice view, so I don't have anything else to say. Lol.

After an hour, I arrived at the campus and I immediately go to the faculty and saw my co-teachers out there.

"Hey!!! I missed you!! How's your vacation?" Jennie asked me as soon as she saw me entering our office and hugged me.

"I missed you too!! Hehe." I said and hugged her back.

"How's your vacation? I have something for you, I just bought it when I was on my trip to Japan." Jennie said while pulling me to our table. "Here. Hehe. I know how much you love penguins, so I bought this lil plushie there."