31 - Call Out My Name

Mina

My friends and other guests are now gone and I am just alone in my house and still drinking the black label here in my living room. Everything that's happening to me is still not sinking in my mind, I just can't believe it. I mean, Sana and Chaeyoung are together? My best friend, for God's sake! I mean, what the hell is happening? How did my best friend end up in a relationship with my summer partner or I just say my fuck buddy?! We are fuck buddies. She just used me. And I used her too. But the difference between us is I loved her. She didn't.

I thought I was done crying because of her, but I still was not. I was just thankful for Jin for what he did earlier. He saved me from being humiliated and feeling pity for myself.

FLASHBACK

We just went outside and then I cried and he hugged me.

"It's all right. I'm here with you." He said while patting my back.

I didn't answer him, instead, I cried like a baby. We didn't have any conversation, he just listened to my sobbing. Gosh. Then I heard some of our colleagues saying goodbye to Jin. They didn't see me because Jin was covering me here in the corner of my gate. Jin was just nodding and waving them goodbye when I heard some familiar voice calling my name.

"Mina..."

It was a soft voice that could bring me into her arms. But I know that I must not let her into my life again.

"Mina, can we talk now? Please..." She said.

I can't answer her. Now that she saw that I was crying because of her, she knows that I am weak now. She knows that I'm weak because of her.

"For what? There's nothing for you two to talk about." Jin said while facing her and letting me stay behind his back.

"I'm not talking to you, so fuck off," Chaeyoung demands Jin again.

"No! You fuck off! You left her, don't you ever forget that!" Jin said while pushing Chaeyoung hard.

Chaeyoung got off balance. Even though I'm right behind Jin, I still saw her. I wanted to hug her now. But that is not the right thing to do now.

"Mind your own business, Jin," Chaeyoung said.

I was surprised that even though Jin persuaded her into a fight, she stayed calm. Knowing her back then, she might already punch Jin in his face. Jin's gonna answer her but I finally got the guts to speak to her.

"We don't have anything to talk about, Chaeyoung. Please be a stranger to me in front of my best friend." I said "Or maybe all the time... Just pretend we didn't know each other." Then I walked in front of her and went inside.

I left them there and wiped my tears before I went inside my house. I don't know if I can still breathe when Chaeyoung is around. My heart is aching when I am seeing her and it's more painful when I am seeing her with my best friend.

I thought I could escape from everything for a moment, but the moment I stepped on my kitchen floor, I overheard everything. Everything that I don't want to hear.

"How long have you been with her? Days? Weeks?" Lisa asked Sana.

"Lisa? Why are you interrogating her?" Jihyo said to Lisa.

"What?" Lisa looked annoyed at Jihyo.

I don't know what's been going on after I went outside for a few minutes. I just saw Nayeon and Jeongyeon in my living room arguing and now the intense aura in my kitchen.

"It's fine. Hahaha. She's being friendly." Sana just answered Lisa. "Actually, we've been together for two months and we broke up last month. And got back together last week."