30 - Cruel Summer

FLASHBACKS

Mina

It has been a day since I last spoke to Chaeyoung, and she hasn't been answering any of my texts and calls too. My friends told me that maybe Chaeyoung was so busy being a rich kid and had no time to inform me, so I hoped that is our case. When the morning came, everyone was so hyped about our tour and so did I. When Lia and Seulgi came and I didn't see Chaeyoung, I felt nervous. So I immediately asked them where Chaeyoung is because she still hasn't called me until now.

"Goodmorning!" Lia greeted us.

"Where is Chaeyoung?" I asked them.

Seulgi avoided eye contact with me while Lia just sighed.

What? What the hell is going on?"

"She hasn't been returning any of my texts and calls until now," I said.

"I... I'm sorry, Mina. Chaeyoung is gone." Lia told me.

At first, I didn't understand what she meant. How the hell will I understand what she meant?!

"What?! What do you mean she's gone?" Jihyo asked them for me.

"You mean, gone-gone? Like dead?" Nayeon asked.

"Nayeon?!" Jeongyeon yelled at her.

"What? She said she's gone, so I asked." She stated a fact.

"I'm sorry, Min--."

I cut Lia from what she was about to say.

"No! Don't say sorry! Just answer my damn question! Where.the.hell.is.she?" I said.

I was mad, angry, pissed, and whatever you called it.

"She's not here, Mina," Seulgi said.

"Then where the hell is she?!" I yelled.

"Mina, calm down." Seulgi tried to calm me down, but I can't.

"Where is she?!" Still asked.

No one's answering me. I was about to cry when Ryujin appeared.

"She's not here. She's not in her house, nor my house. She left, Mina. She's gone." Ryujin said.

She is a damn straightforward person.

"What?!" Nayeon asked her.

And now, I am crying and sobbing thinking that she left me. She's gone?!

"Why? Why... why did she leave me?" I asked.

I know I'm in messed right now 'cause I am crying in front of them.

"We can re-schedule your tour today if you want," Seulgi said to Jihyo.

"I know you're hurt, Mina. We are too." Ryujin said while guiding me and helping me sit down. "She was happy with you... She looked alive when she was with you... And we are so damn happy about it 'cause God knows she's so fucked up before you met her. And you all know that." She said.

We are in a loud silence and just listening to what Ryujin was saying. But with every word she said my heart hurt.

"I know Chaeyoung loves you. But it's not my call, us, to tell you what is her reason why she left. And we are so sorry about that. We are her friends and her only family that's why we are respecting her decision to not tell you why."

I can't understand every word she said. I don't know if I'm gonna be happy about what she said or cry. I don't know!

"I just... Tsk. She just made her decision, Mina. I'm sorry." Ryujin said again.