Prologue

On the 66th floor on the Babel Tower, lays 13 chairs. All occupied, the last chair empty.

"What a menacing aura..."

"Today is the meeting, the Thirteen's dinner... but, just where did that person go..."

The absent, Demon King.

On an open field, lays a figure. His name is...

"Delkira-sama!"

Delkira is a man who does whatever he wants. His right hand demon was always by his side, or at least, knew where to find him. Truly a troublesome king, but loved none the less.

"How troublesome. Didn't I tell you that the Thirteen's dinner was today?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Delkira had answered his right hand demon.

"You know, yet you're still here? That's even worse. At least tell everyone where you're going before you leave..."

"Stop nagging-" He sighed, before continuing.

"Why is everyone... Just sitting around, having an indoor meeting in the first place? Do they think the Underworld is an office?" the grass flowed with the wind, a finger placed on top. "This is the real... Underworld I created."

"Call the damn idiots here! We'll have the meeting outside!"

"Just because you don't want to move?" the right hand man asked.

"You're too strict, Sa-chan! It's because this is the greatest view in my Underworld."

"Right?"

"Sa-chan!" "Oji-chan!" a blue haird boy shouted.

"Are you alright?" This worrisome blue haired boy, is Iruma Suzuki. His parents are scum who sold him to Sullivan for money. He ended up becoming Sullivan grandson, and has lived better than before.

"Sorry, I was just a little surprised... but, could it be... to think that Iruma-kun wants to be the Demon King!! Why didn't you tell me sooner!" Sullivan rushed to engulf Iruma in a hug. 

Iruma looked up before shouting out "NO! I never said I wanted to become the Demon King!! It's just that... I overheard some people in town talking about it..." He trailed off, thinking about what they had done today. The book store they went to earlier, Sullivan had saved the shopkeeper from a robbery. People talk, about all things but what stood out was...

"How grandpa could become the Demon King but chooses not to... I wanted to know why and how you become the Demon King in the first place... I was just wondering..."

Sullivan pondered.

"Very well... If that's the case, then this might be" Sullivan spawned some books "one lengthy talk."

"The representative demons of the Underworld are called 'The Thirteen Crowns' They all have important duties. Currently the Thirteen Crowns carry the burden of maintaining peace in the Underworld. To become the Demon King, one needs to be approved by all of the Thirteen Crowns."

"Which means it's a great responsibility! Since being the Demon King means controlling all of them too!" Sullivan huffed after the explanation, while Iruma looks in wonder. 

"So it's the Demon King's Duty... to control almost everything, right? sounds tough..." 

"Not almost everything. It is everything. Because the Demon King is the Underworld itself." Sullivan explained to Iruma.

"For example, even if all the demons in Underworld, after many years of debating, decided to 'Go right', but the Demon King said 'Go straight'. What would happen is, they will forge a new path from nothing ness and go straight."

"And that's how the rivers in the sky, the magma, the flower gardens, were created in the Underworld."

"The Demon King is the world's supreme and absolute."

"That is why... if you look at the current Underworld... You could get the gist of what kind of person Delkira-sama is, right?" Sullivan asked Iruma.

"... He looks like a fun person!" Iruma answered while looking at the town.

"That is right!"

"I don't really know if I'm fit to be the demon king, but... if I did become king, the Underworld might have an Iruma statue. Oh! and with Iruma statue, and perhaps is hould rename the town, grandson town!"

"But of course, I also would like to see what kind of Underworld Iruma-kun would make." The endearing look from Sullivan, was comfortable to Iruma only to change.

"And I will give my all to support you!!" Sullivan pulled out flags and started to show as much support as he could right here and now.

Iruma shocked, tried to calm down his grandpa. it's only a second after that, that the carriage of theirs has arrived, and it was time for them to go home.

Before leaving however, Iruma turned to look at the town once more. If you were the Demon King, Iruma.... How would this town look like?

When they have finally arrived home and put everything out, Sullivan wanted a talk with Iruma.

"And with this, preparations for the new semester are complete!! The rest of Semester break will be spent lazing around with grandpa, okay!"

Opera however chimed in with "Principal, you still have some work left. as well as..." before Opera can finish, Sullivan chimed in this time.

"I will do my work while lazing around and playing with Iruma-kun!!"

"That is just playing principal...You can't do that."

"But when the new semester starts, there will be lots of things to do and Iruma-kun will be even busier! I'm sure Iruma-kun also wants to spend the last of his semester break lazing around with grandpa!!"

Iruma agreed on that however,

"For the last day I... already have plans..."

Opera and Sullivan only comes closer to ask questions before Sullivan remembered,

"Ah, before I forget again. I wanted you to meet someone on the last day, as she would come for a minute before leaving again, but don't worry she will come back again."

"she...?" Iruma questioned, his grandpa wants him to meet a girl? Is he going to get married off? No, Sullivan would never do that... but he is also a high ranking demon Iruma.

"Yes, she! Will be your older sister!"

"Ah! My older sister I see! ... Eh?"

authors note:

alot of chapters might be alot just like the manga so apologizes for that. rememb er to rate me and critize the fuck out me yall! i need it.