Chapter 11 - Where are you Iruma?

It's now the third day of the Harvest Festival.

The game of extreme survival continues, and after three days and nights, many students don't have any strength left to hunt more beasts.

But for those who do have strength, and survived to the third day. Have each found their own efficent harvesting method.

For example, a fully offensive strategy. or for those who don't rely on strength, a co-operative strategy. Some harvest simply by winning over the beasts, a subjugation strategy. Others rely on a deceptive strategy or a seduction strategy.

Each student has earned points in the first half by making full use of their abilities.

In the teachers' tent, Jie-Jie is pacing back and forward, after Iruma had gone missing she hadn't been able to sit still. Kalego prepares himself, then goes to the microphone to announce.

"Now it's time for an intermission announcement.

Asmodeus: 21,800 points.

Sabnock: 18,600 points.

Ichiro: 16,500 points.

Niro: 16,500 points.

Crocell: 19,200 points.

Caim: 12,400 points.

Valac: 9,800 points.

Ix: 13,200 points.

Orobas: 15,400 points.

Agares: 9,500 points.

Gaap: 9,500 points.

Keim: 7,600 points.

Tokel: 6,800 points.

These are the passing grades.

The Harvest Festival is the first years' final battle because this is an important test. This festival is a survival exercise. And this forest represents the Underworld. Equal opportunities and difficulties brimming with excitement, conflict and despair.

This is a test of your ability to survive in the Underworld! And among you, the one who stands at the top, will receive a title so prestigious even their descendants will be known for it.

That is the young candidate for Demon King, the Young King!!

The names with high scores I mentioned earlier, are those who are closest to the title at the moment. Be aware of each other, at least... That is all.."

Kalego turns the microphone off, and turns around. before continuing to work, he looked and Jie-Jie anxious face and jittery movements. He furrows his brows while turning around again, taking a breather then starting the microphone again.

"Currently, there is one foolish student with zero points and his whereabouts are unknown. I don't know where you are or what you're doing, but if you want to withdraw, just do it. But if you want to win this...

Hurry up and come back, you fool.

That is all from me." Kalego then backs away and was about to walk until Dali stops him, and starts to tease about him having favourites.  Even Shichirou joins in, Jie-Jie however could only stare at Kalego with shock and a growing appreciation. Suzy comes up to her and holds her shoulder before going to announce the rest of the remaining students' scores.

When the last day comes, and the Harvest Festival ends. All students are to assemble at the starting point.

Lied and Iruma walks in with the legendary plant, however it doesn't have much impact because of its dumb shape a,d annoying face. Suzy and Shichirou rushes towards them however and starts to gush over the plant.

As the legendary leaf is worth 100,000 points, and Clara and Nafra didn't want the point. Lied and Iruma is the rewarded with 50,000 points each, and the winner would have been them, if it wasn't for Orobas, who had 58,000 points.

Everyone starts to cheer for Orobas, however, if one was to focus on his face, they would notice, uncertainty, discomfort and anger.

Iruma was also a bit dejected, after all he did want to win quite badly.

"Objection!" Jazz raises his hands. he states that after thinking, he gas comes to a conclusion of there being a mistake in the calculation. Yes, when the legendaray leaf is divided, its worth 50,000 points. However the pot alone is worth 20,000 points.

This means that Iruma and Lied, reaches the top with 60,000 points, they have won the Harvest Festival.

Soi is watching it all unravel, he is really happy for Iruma and Lied, they do deserve it after all. He however doesn't really feel good about the amount of points he was able to get. 

That is when he feels a hand on his shoulder, he turns to the left to see Jie-Jie smiling at him.

"Congrats on getting 16k points kiddo. Didn't think ya would even get that many, I'm proud of ya."

Bonus:

SU-KI-MA

Awhile after the announcement, Jie-Jie is still pacing around in the tent, Kalego is sitting on the couch reading up on some paperwork.

"We can't locate him at all, What if he is hurt Kal? We gotta go find him!"

"Until he says he will withdraw, we will stay here." Kalego flips to the next paper before looking up at her.

"If I had mah druthers-"

"I'm sure he is safe, he tend to always get out of sticky situations sadly."

It doesn't really calm down her nerves, but she does stop in front of him

"I am aware of that, bu- did ya just say sadly? really?

Kalego shrugs with a smile, then goes back to the paperwork, Jie-Jie sits down next to him and leans on his shoulder.

They sit in collective silence, comforting Jie-Jie.