Chapter 4 - You have a loud presence.

Rank advancement test. A special event provided by the school, to determine a demon's ability, or 'rank'. And it is the goal of Babyls students to raise their rank in the test!

In the first year, there are seven chances to raise your rank.

1. The summoning ritual.

2. The flying race.

3. Dodgeball.

4. The batra party.

5. The final test.

6. The final battle, the harvest festival.

7. The final presentation, the music festival.

And the perfect way to end the first year, is to rank from one of these. The two events is where the students are most energized and motivated.

Jie-Jie's POV

"Ya think ya can do it hunny?" I looked at Purson, waiting for his answers.

"Sensei... You don't actually think that is possible do you? I heard they say you were crazy but I didn't think the rumours are true. Also how would we even do this, how do you know I can be better than them, our clan is known for it, and you have answers for it all? No way that is crazy, I haven't even seen some of the people in my clan yet that I'm even doubting there are actually people there. what would you even teach me, the clan has already taught me everything..."

I couldn't hold it in at all, I feel bad, but the laughter just came out. he looked bewildered and offended at the same time, awe he really just...

"Ya truly fit ya presence, one that is bursting to be seen. Purson Soi, I will. And I do mean, I will teach ya how to sense and hide ya truly loud presence hunny."

Purson looked confused at this, and I don't blame him. I don't think most demons really have a concept on this in the way I'm talkin' bout it.

Narrator's POV

Presence is known in the Underworld, however it's story got lost a long time ago, you can find hints of them in books, using other names such as aura and soul. It's a lingering feeling that can be left on anyone, no matter how much you hide yourself from a person, they can still feel your gaze type of thing.

for other demons and humans, maybe even angels, they can mostly feel the presence. However, for Jie-Jie, it's different, for she can feel, see and hear peoples presence. 

The looks of the presence differs from people, the shape shows who they are, the colours show what they feel, hell she can even see when someone is about to enter an evil cycle.

Their sounds differs as well, most commons one are clicks sounds, some say that this is what you hide or truly feel about certain things, other say its trauma related.

She actually heard Purson's presence before she saw it. It caught her attention after all, it's rare to get a cry for a sound. It wasn't a cry for help or anything, it was just a cry. But when she saw his presence, it had the most beautiful blend of blues, the shape, a foggy mess. It is beautiful. That is why she wanted to tutor this kid.

"So, for our first lesson. We will evaluate ya. Hide from us and don't be found for 30 min, the clock will restart each time ya is found, okay hun?"

Purson nods and gets ready until he realized.

"Wait... what do you mean we?"