????

Agent one sat in a chair not too far away from the bed he had placed agent two upon deep in thought as he continued to watch her sleep peacefully.

He remembered the day they had been assigned to work together. She had just been recruited as far as he was told while he himself had only been in the field for about a year.

As his thoughts ran free another memory occurred to him that had been bugging him since before his time with her.

Flashback:

Somewhere in the Atlantic ocean:

Agent 1 stood inside of an elevator as the hum of its engine continued to bring the lift lower and lower underground.

He adjusted his suit nervously as he looked at another man in a suit much older and taller than him to his right.

The man had long silver hair with a scar on his left cheek as his eyes looked straight forward with a serious look on them.

A/N: Art aint mine!! YEET!! *crashes through wall*

"A-Agent... R?" One said as the man grunted in response.

"Where are you taking me... i know I was called in but... I didn't think I would get to meet you... of all people... sir."

The man known as R was silent at the response as he continued to look straight ahead.

"Why did you join this field.." R said to him taking 1 by surprise at the sudden question.

He noticed R's red eyes look at him from the side waiting for a response as 1 looked down in thought on how to answer.

"Tom... Code name agent 1.... sister slain during a camping trip... by an entity that looked as if it was made of shadows." R said again as 1 looked up in surprise.

"How did you-"

"We know everything." R simply said as he looked back forward again.

"You have been assigned a mission.... because of that history... it will be explained furthur once we reach the lower levels..." R said going silent.

Agent 1 suddenly lost his balance for a minute as the elevator suddenly shook slightly for a moment before leveling back out again.

He looked up at the floor indicator noticing that the numbers started reaching into the negatives now.

After a bit the walls around the elevator suddenly opened up turning into a lift of some sort revealing the outside world as they went deeper down.

Agent 1 looked on in confused surprise as the lift was lowering into what looked like a larger chasm of some kind along the side of it. The bottom from what he could see or lack there of was nothing but pitch black darkness.