Pentagram City: Part 5

You and loona followed this woman... violet she said her name was through the sanctuary that was apparently their home.

"The one you know as Lance has been a problem for not just us but the other larger powers in this city as well." Violet said.

"Ever since he arrived he's been taking over parts of the city owned by other leaders and thankfully we have been able to defend our territory from him." She said again.

"You see this city is known for being in constant war for control... it has always been that way. No one power controls it completely and yet he and his thugs have been creeping up to the top of everyone else. Because of this he has effectively started meddling with what little balance this city had." She said.

"What makes him and his gang so tough?" Loona asked.

Violet remained silent as they had walked into a garden walking along a brick path to a oriental looking building.

Our mistress will explain furthur she said as the male fox demon infront of them went up to a sliding door leading into another room.

You noticed that inside the room the interior was seperated into two parts by what looked like a curtain and the closer you looked you started to make out the silhouette of a woman laying on a bed or something on the otherside.

Both violet and the male fox demon accompanying her bowed as you and loona just looked on confused.

"Mistress Kaguya... we have bought this guest... you have told us about." Violet spoke.

There was silence for a moment before the figure on the other side of the curtain spoke.

"Very good~" She said.

"Tell me... what would be the occasion of this visit hmm~?" The woman spoke again.

You were silent for a moment before walking forward to speak.

"We apologize for the intrusion... we simply took a wrong turn while trying to evade some demons that were following us for some reason." You spoke.

"You do not feel familiar to this city... your auras... what exactly has bought you to such a dangerous place may I ask?" She said in a very friendly manner.

".....My name is.... Anonymous.... and this is Loona..." You spoke again.

"There was a loud silence suddenly as the woman behind the curtain suddenly turned her head to the curtain as if she just now started  paying attention to your responses.."

"We are here on business actually... um specifically to take care of the leader of a large gang that's in this city...." You said again.

"Oh yeah just blow our cover while your at it... nice move..." Loona said as you rolled your eyes.

"Gimmie a break... I told you we have to start somewhere, they seemed like they know a lot about em from what violet said earlier..." you whispered to her back.

Loona sighed as you went back to speaking to the woman behind the curtain.

"The demon went by the name of Lance?" You said.

"Ah yes indeed... he has been a thorn in all of pentagram cities side since he appeared..... We are currently in the mist of a war with his mafia as is all of the other leaders In the city."

"I see.." You said.

"Tell me..."

"what issue is it that you as well also have with him."

"We were given a hit on him.. not really anything personal.." Loona spoke casually to that statement.

"Yeah well the person who gave us the job is kind of a friend of mine so it is somewhat personal.. Lance from what we were told shows up with his gang at a bar that our client owns demanding money and it's been causing problems for him." You said.