05

A few weeks have gone by. Kurt visits his daughter every night. Sometimes during the day when she plays in the yard.

It's 4:30PM. Frances is outside. Kurt is sitting under a tree. Watching his daughter play.

Frances spoke up. "Daddy! Come here!" Kurt got himself up. His wings closed as he walked himself over.

He wasn't exactly happy about the angel wings that are attached to his back now. But, he's an angel now.

His lips curled into a smile. "Yes, Frances?" "-Come play ball with me!" Frances beamed. Holding up a large colored ball.

Kurt chuckled. "Sure!"

They both took turns. Kicking the ball back and forward to each other. Then the door opened.

Courtney came outside with a cigarette to her lips. She sits in the backyards chair. Exhaling the smoke.

"Hi Frances!" Her mother gleefully shouted. Waving her hand. Her long nails making a small clicking sound as they touched.

Frances held the ball in her hands. She turned her head. Maybe she'll believe. "Hi mommy!"

Kurt glanced over. Shaking his head. He knew well he was done with her. She broke his heart to many times.

Frances kicked the ball to what seemed like 'nothing.' Courtney watched. Raising an eyebrow.

She takes another drag of her cigarette. Observing her daughters actions.

Frances looked at her father. "Daddy, kick it back. I want to show mommy proof." Her voice spoke quieter.

Kurt blinked in disbelief. "She won't believe us." "-Still, it'll confuse mommy."

He sighed and smiled. He kicked the ball lightly back towards his daughter. Frances giggled as she watched the ball come back.

Courtney was on the edge of her seat. Watching what 'nothing' pushed a ball back. Her eyes widen in shock.

She got up and puts her cigarette in the ashtray. "Frances! Inside now!" She scolded.

Frances frowned. "It was daddy! He kicked the ball!" She tried but Courtney didn't believe.

She sternly walked herself over and grabbed her daughter by the arm. Kurt glared at his ex-wife as Frances was tugged inside.

"No! Mommy he's real!"

"He kicked the ball!"

"Didn't you see!"

"Mommy!"

Frances began to cry out as the child was pulled into the house. The door slamming.

Kurt gasped as he opened his wings. His fatherly protectiveness kicked into his system.

"Fuck!" He sneered as he shakes his head. He closed his wings. He hated them. He walked himself to the door.

"I'll scare the shit out of Courtney." He muttered in anger.