28

Frances sat up suddenly. It is late. 2:34AM. Read the little clock. She had a nightmare.

Tears rolling down her face. "Where's daddy..?" She whispered. The TV has turned off since it was automatic.

Frances picked up her blanket and coiled it around herself. She started to walk up.

"Daddy!"

"Daddy?!"

"Papa?!"

"Papa!"

Frances cried out. Slowly walking up each step.  Kurt heard his daughter cries.

Abruptly he sits up. His wings flapped open as he flew himself off the bed. Wobbling a bit once he makes his way to the bedroom door.

He landed. Dave was awake in bed. He observed the entire thing. He rises in bed. "Hon, what is it?"

"Frances is upset." Kurt responded as he picked up his daughter and carried her into the room.

He used his foot and shuts the bedroom door. Holding his daughter as he sits on the bed with her and Dave.

Dave looked over at Frances. Seeing Cobain's daughter with rosy cheeks and teary eyes.

"Oh, what's the matter?" Dave asked. Frances didn't reply. She hides her face.

Hiding her face into her father's chest. She bawled. Kurt went wide eyed. He flapped his wings open again and wrapped them around his crying daughter.

"Frances Bean.. what's wrong? Look at me." Kurt muttered in worry as he used his hand to lift her head. The pad of his thumb wiping away her tears.

Frances hiccuped a few sobs before looking up at her dad. Dave is sitting up in bed. Beside the two.

"I had a bad dream." Frances whimpered out. Dave frowned once hearing the news.

Kurt kissed her head. "Hey.. Bean, it's not real. You're okay." He muttered. Frances used her small hands and wiped her eyes.

"But you're real.." she cried out. Kurt furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes, you can see me. Im real."

Frances looked up. "But..in nightmare. You wasn't. Mommy said so." Her tears rolling down her cheeks again.

Dave wiped her eyes. "Oh Frances. Hey, remember? You said you aren't going to see mom. So let's not dream about her."

Kurt sighed. "She didn't mean for that to happen. She had a nightmare Dave." He reminded to the other male.

Dave fell quiet. He nodded and muttered.

"..Right."