12

They reached Dave's apartment. Frances looked up at her father. "House?" Kurt nodded. "Dave's apartment."

Frances smiled. "I should knock." He lifted her small hand. She knocked softly on the door.

Dave is inside, rolling himself a cigarette in the living room. One light on. He couldn't sleep for a specific reason. He was asleep earlier. But he woke up.

He had a dream. A dream of Kurt. Which caused him to cry when he awakens.

Feeling depressed, Dave blinked the tears away. Then, he heard the soft knock at the door.

Confused on who would be knocking this late. He gets up. Maybe it's Krist? Maybe it's Jennifer? Then he remembered, he divorced Jennifer a few months ago.

Assuming it was Krist, Dave walks over to the door. He opened it. Then, he froze. He stared at Frances in shock.

But he didn't realize that his best friend is beside her. Only focused on the child. Since, she's a child.

"Frances?" Dave spoke shakily. He blinked in disbelief. Frances smiled. "Hi." She replied.

"Oh, shit..come in." Dave guided her in. Kurt followed in. But Dave didn't notice. He was too focused on the child rather than the angel spirit of his best friend.

Dave shuts the door once she entered with her father.

Frances sat on the couch. Dave stared at her in disbelief. "How do you know where I live, kid? And.. did your mom send you here?"

Kurt chuckled at how worried Dave is. Standing beside the couch.

Frances shakes her head. "No." She replied. Dave is confused. Very, confused.

"I should call your mom.." He started as he gets up.  But Frances imediantly got teary eyed. "No! Please! You're the only one that might believe!"

Dave is beyond confused. "What?.." he croaked out. Frances sniffled. "Please. You see him too, right?"

The ex-drummer furrowed his eyebrows. "Him?" His voice shakes. Frances nodded.

"Please! Please say you believe! Look! Daddy's real!" She cried out. "Please! Please!" She sobbed.

Dave frowned. Feeling himself tear up. He sat beside Frances and wiped her eyes. "What do you mean..?"

"Look around! Daddy's in here!" Frances shrieked out. Pointing to where Kurt was standing in the living room.

Dave scoffed softly. He looked to where Frances was pointing. He tensed up. His body frozen.
His chestnut eyes staring now. His mouth agape in surprise.

Frances stopped crying. She smiled a bit.

"Kurt..?" Dave croaked out. Seeing Kurt Cobain.

He believes.