07

Courtney shuts Frances bedroom door. She walked back downstairs. Kurt was walking up the stairs.

They passed each other. But Courtney didn't realize. She felt a small presence but dismissed it. She walked down the stairs and decided to smoke inside of the house to calm herself.

Kurt watched on the steps before shaking his head. He went fully upstairs.

Frances has herself curled up in her bed. Crying quietly with the grey tabby cat  beside her. Her tears dampening the cats furr.

Kurt opened his daughters bedroom door. Frances lifted her head. Seeing the door open.

She broke down into sobs. Kurt quietly shuts the door behind himself and walked himself to his sobbing daughter.

He sits on the bed as Frances crawled onto him. His wings opened and wrapped themselves around her.

Kurt held his daughter close. He leaned his head down and kissed her head.

"Are you okay..?" Kurt croaked out. Holding his tears back. Frances lifted her head. "Yeah! You scared her.. that's what I wanted."

Kurt wiped his daughters eyes. "Yes, but.." he paused. Tears rolling down his face.

"Daddy don't cry." Frances whispered as she sits up. She wiped her father's eyes with her small hands.

"I don't want you to be hurt from this." Kurt spoke softly. He hugged his daughter. His wings wrapped around her again.

Frances returned the hug. "She doesn't believe me." She mumbled, smiling a bit once she felt the warmth of the angel wings.

"She just...can't see me, and that's okay." Kurt replied. Keeping his composure now. His heart aching.

Frances pulled back from the hug. "Mhm." She hummed.  "She got scared." Kurt nodded. "She did."

Frances asked. "Dad, can I tell you something?" Kurt nodded. "You can tell me anything."

"I wanna see..uhm." she furrowed her eyebrows. Trying to remember. Kurt raised an eyebrow. "See, what?"

Frances got off her bed. Kurt observed. She went to her closet. Grabbing out a box and opened it.

Kurt tilted his head. "See what?" He repeated. Frances hushed him. "Shh."

Kurt chuckled at the response. Closing his wings as he remained seated on her bed.

Frances takes out a book. In fact, a photo album. Kurt widened his eyes. Knowing exactly the book.

"I sneak this. I found it. Mommy's room. It showed you. No wings." Frances whispered as she carried the book over. She sat on the bed. Next to her dad.

"Oh, really..?" Kurt mumbled. Frances nodded. "Mhm. I miss you then alot. I was four. When I took it. Mommy got mad. But she never see it again. Cuz I hid it." She explained.

"Then, started to see you." Frances lifted her head. Looking at Kurt with a grin.

Kurt felt his eyes tear up in joy. "Yeah?" She nodded her head. "Mhm!" She opened the photo album book.

"But I wanna see.." Frances trailed off. Flipping through the baby photos of her.

Kurt watched as each page was flipped. He teared up. Remembering all the memories he shared with his daughter and Courtney.

Then, Frances stopped on one specific page. It was the photograph of Rúal Paul holding Frances. Dave and Krist in the back. Kurt holding her foot.

She pointed to Dave and Krist. "These two." She spoke. Kurt looked closely. Tears started to roll down his face. "Oh really..?"

"Yes. I wanna see them." Frances lifted her head. Noticing her father's tears. She placed the book down on her bed.

She hugged her dad. "Are they angels too..?" She asked.

Kurt returned the hug. "No, but we can go visit them." Frances pulled back. She smiled.

"Really?!"

Kurt hushed her. "Yes, tonight. When mommy's sleeping. We'll run away. You'll be safe with daddy and them."

"Will they believe?" Frances immediately asked afterwards.
Kurt sighed.

"I hope so."