20

"..Courtney, she's safe." Kurt repeated. "I promise you, she's okay." Courtney calmed her crying.

"None of this shit makes sense! Frances is imagining things! How the hell do I hear your voice?!" She screamed the question again.

Kurt huffed. "Courtney! Fucks sake! I told you already! You didn't believe Frances! She tried convincing you! Over and Over! You just refused to believe her!" He boomed loudly into the phone.

Having a heated argument with his ex-wife.

"Whatever! She can stay with you! I give up! If she wants to believe in those stupid things then she can go right ahead!" Courtney bellowed.

Kurt went wide eyed. A small smile rising on his face. Tears stinging in his eyes.

"Besides, I knew." Her voice suddenly spoke softly. Kurt furrowed his eyebrows. "What..?"

Courtney sighed. "I knew what she meant. I saw you." She muttered. Kurt tensed up.

"..Before she ever could, I saw you. Sometimes during my highs, sometimes in my dreams. But the most realistic one..." His ex-wife paused.

Kurt felt the little hairs on his neck stand up. He gripped the phone. His cerulean gaze staring out the window in shock.

"..Was that night. When Frances was bawling her eyes out at four.." Courtney felt her voice shake for a moment. She takes a deep breath.

"I saw you. You were standing. By the window. In her bedroom.  An empty expression. I was shocked. I just stared. I couldn't say...anything."

Kurt held his tears in. Courtney continued, "It was shockingly horrifying. To see you. I was too shocked. Frozen."

"After I calmed Frances down..she fell asleep. I just stared at you. Your angel wings. The blood on your face. It dried. But it was disappearing when I looked at you."

Courtney's voice sounded monotoned. Rasped, sad, and heartbroken.

"From that point on, everytime Frances brought you up. I got angry. I didn't want to keep seeing your face. Everytime she tried to make me believe. I refused."

Kurt blinked his tears away. He couldn't speak. His throat was now tight. His body tensed.

His breathing was all can be heard. His wings are lowered. Still slightly opened but shuddered into a close when Courtney's voice spoke again.

"–So, I know you exist. I know you are sent down here. Or whatever. Keep Frances safe. Be by her side. If that is what she wishes."

Kurt gulped harshly before responding back softly. "And you didn't bother to talk to me, or let me know that you saw me then..?"

"I'm clean, Kurt. I'm moving on. I'm done. Just keep Frances safe for me. Okay? I love you." Courtney muttered into the phone.

Then, the phone hanged up.