15

Knock.
Knock.
Knock.

The door knocked. Dave went over to the door in the living room. The sound of the door knocking woke up Frances.

She sat up. "Daddy?!" She worriedly shouted. Looking around but relaxed when Kurt entered the room.

He sat on the couch. Frances sat up and crawled into her father's lap. Hugging him. "Is mommy at the door?"

Dave looked over. "No Frances, it's Krist. If you remember him.." he trailed off as he answered the door.

Kurt held Frances close. "I'm not sure if he will believe." This caused the child to frown. "Oh.."

"But it's okay." Kurt kissed her head. His wings closed. Frances laid her head on her father's chest. Looking at the door once Dave answered it.

Krist entered the house. "Dave, he's not–" he froze. Seeing Frances, but she is 'floating.' his hazel eyes widen.

Dave looked at Krist. "See. Frances came by and she brought Kurt with her."

"She's floating dude.." Krist trailed off in shock. Frances pouted. She crawled off Kurt's lap.

"Hey!" Frances shouted. Krist knelt down. "Hi Frances, shouldn't you be with your mom..?"

Frances shakes her head. "You have to believe me! Davey does! He believes me!"

Kurt softly chuckled as he watched the three interact. Sitting on the couch. He casually picked up Dave's lightened cigarette on the ashtray.

Krist looked over to see the cigarette 'floating' and being used. He tensed up. "What. The. F–"

Kurt laughed softly as he sets the cigarette down. Seeing Krist's shocked and confused face.

Frances clapped her hands into Krist's face. "Hey!" She says. Krist snapped his gaze over at the child.

"Please believe." Frances teared up suddenly. Lowering her hands. "Daddy is here.. even he sees." She muttered, pointing towards Dave.

Krist couldn't help but feel bad for Frances. He nodded. "Okay. I believe you." He says. Even though he didn't.

Frances nodded. "Now look on the couch! You'll see him!" Krist followed the instruction. He looked over.

He sees no one.

He lied, and nodded. "Yeah, I see." It pained him. He wished he really could believe but he can't. Life isn't imagination. This is reality. And in Krist's reality, Kurt is at peace. And resting.

Dave looked at Krist. He knew that. He knew Krist couldn't see. It was too hard to believe. Which is understandable.

Krist sighed. "Dave, can I talk with you in the kitchen?" Dave nodded his head. The two went to the kitchen.

Frances sat beside her father. She hugged him. Kurt returned the hug. His eyes reflecting sadness. He knew Krist wouldn't believe.

He sighed softly and kissed his daughters head. Frances looked up. "You okay?" She asked her father.

Kurt nodded. "Mhm." He opened his wings and wrapped one around his daughter. She giggled.

Meanwhile in the kitchen,

"I can't believe it." Krist muttered. Looking at Dave with sadness. "It's Kurt's daughter's imagination."

Dave shakes his head. "No! It's not. I know it may seem complete bullshit, but I see him. He's an ANGEL." He teared up once he says this.

Krist shakes his head. "Well, im happy you still have hope he's alive. But it's best if we have him at peace."

Dave broke into tears. "Krist! Please you have to believe me! Believe in this! Please. Give it a chance!" He cried out.

Frances heard Dave's crying. She frowned. She looked up at Kurt.

"They talk about you." She mumbled. Kurt kissed his daughters head. "It's probably harder to convince Krist I'm here."

Frances nodded in agreement.

"Yeah.." she whispered, hugging her father.