26

Frances came rushing downstairs after her bath. Laughing as Kurt is following along.

She ran to the couch and hopped onto Dave. Thankfully Dave's cigarette is put out on the ashtray.

Dave laughed as he held Frances. "Hi Frances!" He greeted as she grinned happily.

She rolled herself off and giggled. Then gasped once Kurt began to tickle her.

Frances erupted into laughter. Squealing and begging her father to stop. After a few minutes he did.

He sat on the couch with Dave and Frances. Dave switched the channel to a cartoon one.

Some time as passed,

Frances yawned. Her eyelids getting droopy. Her head laying on the couch cushion. Her legs on her father's lap.

Kurt gets up. He knelt down to her. Looking at her with a smile on his face. His wings slightly opened.

"I think somebody's getting tired." Kurt teased. Frances whined. "Nooo! I'm not!"

Dave looked over. He noticed the tired expression on Frances's face. "I think so, too." He gets up. "let me get your blanket."

Frances yawned. She nodded. "Okay.." she muttered sleepily. The clock read 8:39PM.

Dave went upstairs. Kurt started to hum softly. This caused his daughter to feel even more tired than before.

She yawned again.

"Somebody's sleepy." Kurt whispered and kissed his daughters head. Dave walked down the stairs. Blanket in hand.

He covered Frances up with the blanket. Frances has her eyes shut. She is almost asleep.

Kurt smiled and kissed his daughters forehead again.  "I'll be upstairs with Papa. Okay?"

Dave felt his face warm up with blush. He knew Kurt said that on purpose.

Frances opened her eyes and gazed tiredly at the two. "Come upstairs if you need anything at all." Dave added.

Frances smiled. "Okay." She whispered and shuts her eyes. Kurt moved her hair out of her face.

"Night Frances." He whispered and switched the lamp off. Dave muted the TV.

"The TV will be on for you. As a nightlight." Dave whispered. Frances hummed in reply.

Too tired to speak now.

Kurt and Dave look at each other and smile.

Then, they both went upstairs quietly.
The front door locked.