10

Kurt fully extended his wings out. They flapped a few times. "Here, hop on my back."

Frances widened her blue eyes. Staring at the wings. "Wait! Wait!" She spoke. Kurt turned his head. Leaving his wings opened.

"Yes, Frances?" He spoke. A small smile on his face. She slowly walked over. She placed a hand onto one of the wings.

"Why do you have wings, now..? The pictures in the book. You don't have wings." She asked slowly.

Kurt sighed. His wings closed. "Uhm." He cleared his throat. He turned around. He faced her.

Frances stared up at her father. Kurt forced a smile on his face. "They just.. showed up one day." He replied.

His daughter hummed. "Oh. Will they go away?" Kurt shakes his head. "Not that I know of. But they're cool, aren't they?"

Frances nodded. "Yes."

"Now c'mon, we have to get going. We don't want mommy finding out about us sneaking away." Kurt reminded. "Hop on my back. Easy."

Frances nodded as Kurt held his hands out. He turned around. Frances dashed over and hopped. Kurt grunted as he held her on his back.

His wings flapped. "Got your bag on?" He asked. Frances gasped. "Yes! But are we gonna fly?!" She raised her voice in surprise.

She wrapped her arms around her father's neck. Stabilizing her grip. Kurt nodded. Holding her legs.

"I never flew..sounds like a fairy tale. Huh?" Kurt asked as he approached the window.

Frances laid her head on her father's shoulder. Observing the wings. She nodded. "But it's real." She replied.

Kurt chuckled. "Just for us to fly down to outside. Okay? I'm not flying the entire way. Hell no."

Frances laughed and nodded her head. "Otay, dont drop me!" Kurt stared down at the window.

He couldn't believe what he is about to do. He takes a deep breath. He felt nervous. He held his daughter tighter. "I won't drop you." He reassured.

Feeling nervous himself. He flapped his wings again. "Are you ready?" He asked. He carefully stood himself on the window sill.

Frances started to feel scared. She nodded her head. Closing her eyes tight.

"Go." She whispered.