𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie Bellerose stood at platform nine and three-quarters facing the scarlet steam engine. Her face was void of emotion. Her back was aching from the struggle to maintain perfect posture because of her beating earlier that morning. With every step she took, the clinking of the heeled sandals could be heard, her perfectly styled blonde hair bobbed along, and her blue eyes ran around the station like a hawk.

She turned to face her father, who looked down coldly at her and her sister, Alydia, before disappearing. 

He didn't even say goodbye.

Her shoulders instantly slumped as she winced at the pain that shot through her back.

"I'll get a compartment for my friends," 13-year-old Alydia murmured to her sister before skipping aboard the train with her trunk. Valerie sighed before grabbing it and placing it on the train. She dragged it all the way down to the last compartment. Her eyes glanced at her watch, nine o'clock. As usual, she was waiting on the train two hours before the train left.

After placing her trunk, her hand grazed an inscribing. A soft smile graced her lips as she recognized the letters.

J. P. + S. B.  + V. B. + R. L + P. P. = MARAUDERS

She sat down near the window and glanced outside. The platform was mostly deserted due to it being so early. It only consisted of pure-blood families dropping their kids off without saying goodbye or giving them hugs. 

A knock then came through the door. 

"Come in," Valerie spoke. A tall figure stepped in through the door. Valerie turned her head, only to see the notorious Sirius Black standing ahead of her. 

He had grown a couple of inches over the summer. So now, he practically towered over her. His hair had also grown a couple of centimetres and fell just past his ears. His skin was paler than when she last saw him, and the bruise that decorated his cheek stood out like a sore thumb. Purple rings were placed under his eyes. But his eyes shined, looking like melted silver, glittering with happiness. 

"You look like hell," Valerie whispered as her fingers reached out to stroke the ugly purple patch of skin. 

"Could say the same about you, love," Sirius whispered, glancing at the bruises dotted across her clear skin, and he was sure that, just like him, several were hidden from view under a layer of clothes. 

A sigh escaped their lips as they sat on the seats and talked about anything and everything other than their summers and homes. 

About an hour later, the door opened again to reveal the tired face of Remus Lupin.

His messy brown hair lay atop his head, and even if various scars ran across his face, his eyes remained the joyous chocolaty brown one would come to love.