𝐈𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

(TW- Blood, implications of domestic abuse)

 The train stopped at Hogsmeade station, and the kids quickly exited the train to make their way to the carriages. The Marauders, along with Alydia, took one carriage to themselves. As the famous Hogwarts castle dawned upon them, Alydia, Valerie and Sirius shared a smile. 

"We're home,"

The six students walked towards the great hall, where Alydia slipped away from the Marauders to sit near the Hufflepuff table. 

Valerie sat at the Gryffindor table, gazing at her reflection on the empty golden plate. So many scars, so many cuts, so many screams, so much pain, so much sadness, so much resentment. It all glowed in her eyes. Anger blazed, igniting a small flame inside her. A flame that would soon grow into a raging fire. A fire that destroys everything. 

I will not give up

 Sirius Black turned his head to Valerie. Her hair, her face, and her eyes. He saw the flame in those angelic eyes. "Hey, the sorting is over," He murmured. "What?" Valerie said, her eyes snapping from the plate, the fire in the blue orbs dying down a little. 

"The sorting ceremony is over," Sirius said, furrowing his brows, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, really, just got lost in thoughts," Valerie said as she gave him a comforting smile. Sirius's heart fluttered at her mere smile. He felt the sudden urge to kiss those perfect lips. He shook his head to get rid of disturbing thoughts. 

"My dear students!" Dumbledore spoke, stepping onto his pedestal. Valerie resisted the urge to roll her eyes at his grandfatherly act. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. I won't keep you from our delicious feast any longer, so go on," 

The golden platers around them filled with food. Valerie heard the younger ones gasp and squeal at the food placed on the golden plates. 

Sirius, who was staring at Valerie, not that he will admit doing so, noticed that she instantly filled her plate with towers of food and began stuffing her face with a roll. 

Valerie stuffed her face with food the second it appeared on the table. She hadn't gotten a proper meal at the Belle Castle. She never had. The five friends chatted throughout dinner, with James sharing summer stories, Remus telling Valerie about a new book he read, Peter saying something about a sweet in the market, Sirius about a motorcycle he saw with Valerie listening to all five of them with all the attention in the world, adding a point of her own in the middle. 

As Valerie talked, Sirus couldn't help but stare at her, the way words just rolled off her tongue perfectly as if the world was normal, but the world wasn't normal, and Sirius knew that he was the only one who knew about her problems, her issues and the truth about her home life.