𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie stood in front of her mirror, smoothing her dress out for what seemed to be the millionth time. Her hair was coiled in a neat, elegant, yet simple knot at the back of her head, with tiny pieces framing her chiselled face. Diamond jewellery glittered all over her body. Her heels were petite and charming, the same colour as her dress.

'Today had to go perfectly', she thought. A tiny mishap would lead to torture or death. They had been planning this endeavour for weeks. Every step could go wrong, and a million variables had to be considered.

A knock on the door broke her out of her daydream, "I-is Miss ready?" A squeaky voice sturred outside the door.

"Coming."

Valerie took another sharp breath before opening the door to her mother standing outside, a house elf beside her. Valerie waved the elf off before turning to her mother. Eloise's frame was in a peach gown. The bodice glittered with jewels as the skirt flowed beneath her feet, charmed to elegantly trace the ground without making the woman trip. Eloise's hair was braided to look like roses at the back of her head. 'Ready?' Her mother signed. Both knew exactly what she was talking about.

Valerie nodded curtly, sending a nervous smile that she forced to turn into a smirk.

Next to meet her was Alydia in the hallway close to the ballroom. She too, like her mother, and every other guest, was in peach. Her dress was soft and graceful, with off-shoulder mesh sleeves, flowers coating the waistline and petals embroidered across the top half of her skirt. Her hair was in a simple half updo, braided to look like a halo.

"You... you look..." Alydia fell short of words as she stared at her sister. "Thank you," Valerie said.

Finally, their father appeared near the entrance staircase, waiting to appear fashionably late to their own party to make a dramatic entrance. Valerie avoided looking at him, instead choosing to focus on the polite chatter of guests outside.

"Valerie," Her father said. Within that short word, he ordered her to look at him. Valerie complied. He had worn a light peach, nearly white, coat, vest, shirt and trousers. Gold chains and brooches shimmered upon him, showing their wealth. The ring of House Bellerose gleamed on his right hand's ring finger. The ring was a thick gold band with roses carved into it, diamonds glittered at the centre of the flowers. At the centre of the was a light blue diamond set in the centre, magically carved to show the house symbol, a pair of glittering butterfly wings. She wondered, if she went ahead with her plans, would she still be the heiress of the House of Bellerose.

"Father," She vaguely acknowledged. "Let's get going," He said, offering his arm to Eloise.

He stepped outside as the duo gracefully walked down the stairs, the murmurs and chatters paused as every eye in the room turned to them. Eloise's face and gown sparkled as the light from the enchanted chandelier hit her. Sévère's coat glittered as he guided the woman beside him.