𝐕

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie was walking in one of the hallways on her way to breakfast when she bumped into Edan. 

She had been avoiding him since the party in the common room, where she kissed him. 

"Hey Valerie," Edan said, rubbing his hand on the nape of his neck. "Hey," Valerie greeted back. The tension between them was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. 

"You dropped your quill," Wood said, pointing at the floor down below. Valerie smiled at him softly before bending over to pick up her quill. Wood bent down as well, causing both their hands to fall on each other's as they went to pick up the quill. Valerie's eyes snapped up.

Blue met blue as they stared at each other. Valerie cleared her throat awkwardly before standing up, her quill in her hand. "I'll go to breakfast now..." Valerie said, taking a few steps away. 

"Wait!" Edan grabbed Valerie's wrist spinning her around so that she faced him. Valerie raised an eyebrow at him, her gaze making him sweat, "Yes?" 

"W-will you go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?" He stuttered out. Valerie gave him a tiny smile, "I  would love to, but I promised I would take my sister," She mumbled with her head down. 

"Oh, okay, next weekend?" He asked.

"Sure,"

"Really?!" 

Valerie winked at him, "I didn't think you were deaf, Edan," 

And with that, she turned on her heel and walked away for the brown-haired boy, who was left with a grin.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"Is there a reason why Wood keeps staring at you like you are the only girl in the world?" Selina asked, glancing at the lovestruck boy. 

"He asked me out to Hogmeade," Valerie said, stuffing another piece of toast in her mouth. "WHAT?! What did you say? How did he ask? When-"

"Shut up! He asked me out while I was coming here, and I said yes," Valerie said, rolling her eyes at Selina. "Also, can you not tell Lils, Marls and the Marauders?" 

"Alright," Selina promised. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The moon was shining high in the sky. Valerie, Marlene, Lily and Selina were lounging in their dorm. Alydia had also joined the girls that evening. It was one of those days where they just sat in their room, laughed, gossiped and had some fun. 

"So Alydia, what's the name of your crush?" Selina asked, causing a blush to spread on her pale cheeks. 

"Why should I tell you?" Alydia replied, raising an eyebrow at her. "Because I asked?"