𝐗𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

(TW- Blood, child abuse)

Valerie was packing her trunk, ready to go home. Physically she was ready. Mentally, no. She was not prepared. Where did the past four months go?

She paced around the room, her sandals thudding on the floor with each step, deeply annoying Marlene. 

"Can you stop?!" She shrieked. 

"No."

As Valerie stood in front of her trunk, she stopped. She took a deep breath and shut her trunk. 

"It'll be fine," She assured herself. 

She lifted her trunk off the bed and dragged it towards the common room. It thumped with every step as Valerie was least bothered to pick it up. 

She was met with the grim face of Sirius as she dropped down the last step. 

"Ready?" He asked uncertainly.

"No," She answered coldly, glaring at the boy.

She quickly left the common room, dragging her trunk towards the carriages. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Valerie trudged down the Hogsmeade train station, grumpily hopping aboard the train. She sighed through her nose as every second that passed made her more nervous. Her stomach churned with fear as she felt butterflies dancing around.

She slipped into the last compartment fiddling with her fingers as James entered with Sirius in tow. 

"You okay?" James asked. Valerie nodded, "Yeah."

Alydia and Remus then entered, Alydia just as nervous as Valerie. 

Peter was the last to enter as he entered with multiple sweets in his hands. "Sorry, I'm late. I went to the kitchens to grab some sweets,"

"I hope you didn't poison them," Valerie joked as she reached out to grab a sweet. "Why would I try to poison you?" Peter asked. "I don't know, maybe you are a secret death eater," Valerie shrugged. Peter smiled at the girl, "I am not." 

Yet

Valerie stared out the window, gazing at the Hogwarts castle going farther and farther from her. 

She then glanced at Sirius. He was also staring outside the window. He turned to meet her cold eyes, and Valerie glared at him. 

She shot up from her seat leaving James, who had his legs on hers, startled, "I'll have to tell Edan about letters."

With one last glare at Sirius, she left the compartment, slamming the door shut. 

"What did you do, Sirius?" Alydia asked, arcing an eyebrow with a killer smile on her face.