𝐗𝐗𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

~Flashback~

Nine-year-old Valerie was running around the Belle Castle, her unduly high heels in her hands as she sprinted. Whistling as she ran from her mom, who was chasing her. 

"You'll never catch me!" She said her voice sing-song as her mom giggled. "I'll get you, Val," Her mom yelled back, her voice breathy as she ran around the castle with her heels in her hands. 

"Wait! Wait! I wanna play tag, too," Alydia exclaimed. Alydia, not bothered to hold her heels, just threw them into her room before running away from their mother. Not soon after, she felt a hand on her back, "Tag, you're it, sweetheart!" Her mom giggled as Alydia pouted. "Aww, I don't want to be it," The seven-year-old whined. 

"Too bad, Allie!" Valerie exclaimed from the bottom of the staircase. Eloise ran away before Alydia could tag her back, laughing loudly in a way most prejudiced people would call 'un-lady-like'. 

Alydia followed, whining as her hand missed once more. "Mom!" 

Unbeknownst to her, Eloise slowed down, just enough so Alydia could catch her but not enough for her to notice. 

"Tag! You it, Mom!" Alydia cheered, throwing her hands in the air in celebration before turning around and running away from her mother, giggling the entire way down the stairs.

Valerie broke into a sprint as their mother reached closer, sealing in delight as her mom 'missed' her back once more. "I'll get you, Val, Aly!" Their mother exclaimed, running behind her kids as they all laughed. 

After more attempts, Eloise, time after time, 'missed'  touching the girls. She started fake whining. 

The trio of girls were laughing and giggling as they played tag around the manor. They were in their little bubble of happiness, even if for just a short amount of time. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Valerie, Eloise and Alydia stood in the kitchens as Eloise convinced the elves to let the trio cook lunch for once while being directed by Twinky.

"Okay, so I'll chop everything. Valerie, can you cook the chickpeas? And Alydia, you'll get all the ingredients and season the salad." Eloise said. Ordering Alydia to grab the vegetables needed, the trio set to work. 

Twinky gave them instructions as they tried their best to execute them.

Eloise grabbed a kitchen knife and carefully chopped the ingredients, the potioneer skills coming in handy while chopping the minute tomatoes.