𝐈𝐕

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie would be lying if she said she wasn't excited about the upcoming quidditch match. The captain of the Gryffindor team, Edan Wood, had increased practice days dramatically.

Valerie played chaser on the team, a thing her father despised. To quote him, "You are a Lady, Valerie. A pureblood lady doesn't go around playing sports," and so on. In his opinion, however, a lady couldn't do anything further than cooking or cleaning. So, Valerie, being Valerie, did the natural thing. She joined the Gryffindor quidditch team in her second year. 

Valerie was currently returning from her final practice before the match. She was covered in sweat from head to toe, and her hands, feet and back were aching from being in the air for so long. 

Sirius ran over to her. He was also drenched in sweat. "I'm exhausted!" He whined, trying to rest his head on her shoulder. Valerie scrunched up her nose and moved away from the boy. "I am also drained, Siri, but please refrain from leaning on me," Valerie said, yawning as she dragged her broom behind her. 

"Isn't someone chirpy?" Sirius mumbled, under his breath, just loud enough for Valerie to hear it. Valerie walked towards him, went on her tippy-toes and flicked him on his forehead. "Ow! What the bloody hell, women?!"

A sweet, sarcastic smile was thrown his way by Valerie, who then turned around and continued trudging along the path, her broon dragging itself behind her. Sirius whined at her but ran ahead to talk to James. 

Edan, who stood behind the duo, swiftly took Sirius's spot beside Valerie. "Hey,"

"Hi?" Valerie said though it came out more like a question. "The dive you did at practice was impressive," Edan said, recalling a dive she had made to save the quaffle. "Thanks," Valerie said, throwing him a soft, tiny smile, which Edan returned. 

"Should I carry that broom for you?" Edan said, pointing at the broom she was dragging with slight difficulty. "Are you saying I'm incapable of carrying it myself?" Valerie asked, arching her eyebrow at him. 

"N-no, it's just that you are struggling to carry a broom, something first years can carry easily," Edan said, smirking at her smugly. "Who wouldn't struggle after four hours of quidditch practice, excluding conditioning?" Valerie replied, glaring at the Quidditch captain. Edan chuckled softly at her before trying to grab her broom, only for her to shift it to her other hand and slap his hand away. 

"How's OWL year treating you?" Edan asked. "Terrible, it's way too much work," Valerie said nonchalantly. "I would say I am glad I don't have to deal with that, but NEWT year is even more work," Edan groaned, running a hand through his unruly brown hair.

"You still need tuition in herbology this year?" He asked, smirking at you, his brown eyes gleaming with mischief. Valerie scowled at the older boy, "I thought you didn't have time in your NEWT year?" She snarled. "I can always make time for you," He winked cheekily while Valerie looked at him blankly.