𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie and Edan were walking down the streets of Hogsmeade, hand in hand. An uncomfortable silence encased them.

"So..."

"So..."

The silence was getting suffocating. Valerie couldn't help but compare the awkward silence with Edan to the laughter with the Marauders. 

"Where do you want to go first?" Edan asked. "Three broomsticks," Valerie said. Once again, silence followed. Edan sighed. Valerie sighed. They both entered the warm pub and ordered butterbeer after finding a booth.  

The weather outside was cold, and Valerie was huddled in sweaters to keep herself warm. The only noise was the gulping down of butterbeer and the occasional slurp from Edan. The chatter around them seemed louder than ever as they kept their eyes on their drinks.  

"Should we go to the bookshop beside Honeydukes?" Edan asked. "Alright," Valerie replied.  So after paying for their butterbeer, the couple got up and headed out. 

In an attempt to make small talk Edan asked her what her favourite colour was. Valerie looked at him with a raised eyebrow, clearly unimpressed. Edan shrugged in response before answering, "I don't know anything about you."

"Alright. I like white." Valerie responded. "Why white?" Edan asked. "White symbolises innocence, peace and simplicity, to an extent even perfection. It feels calming, you know?" She explained.

It shows what I want to be but never can

Edan stared at her. "Damn, that is deep," He said. Valerie chuckled at him, "What about you?" 

"Well, I like gold."

"Gold?" Valerie asked, amused by his response.

"Yeah, gold. Like the house and quidditch cups. Not to mention our house colour." Edan replied. This only caused Valerie to laugh at him even more. "So, like a niffler?" She asked. Edan looked at her, offended by her words, "What?! No! Why would you even think that? I am deeply offended." He said, placing his hand on her heart while making dramatic expressions. 

"Niffler's like gold," Valerie said. Edan glared at her before speaking, "Miss Bellerose, I would like to tell you that I am not attracted by golden things, like the quidditch cup, but then I would be lying..." 

Valerie burst out laughing, leaning into him for support, "Merlin, you are hilarious," She said, clutching her stomach. 

"I know," He replied as he winked at her cheekily. Valerie snorted, "Modest too." Edan flipped her off in response. They soon reached the tiny bookshop. It was almost deserted other than the shop owner. The bell chimed as they entered. The shop owner was a woman in her late fifties. She reached the couple, "Hello, what can I get for you?" She asked politely. "I just wanted to browse, search for a good book," Valerie replied.