𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

O.W.L.'s week arrived significantly quicker than everyone had hoped for. Remus and Valerie managed to get Sirius and James to study for the test. 

"Sirius, if you want to pass your exam, you need to study! No matter how brilliant you are!" Valerie said. 

"But..."

"Buts are for sitting on," Valerie said. Sirius' eyes widened. 

~Flashback~

"Sirius, do we have to go?" A ten-year-old Valerie whined.  

"Yes, for the last time, we have to go to the damn ball," Sirius said. 

Before Hogwarts, Valerie and Sirius were rebellious pure-blood kids. Kids forced to put up a fake smile while greeting other Lords and Ladies, kids forced to grow up early. 

That didn't stop the duo. They were best friends, born just two days apart.

They caused chaos around their handsome manors and made exquisite plans and excuses to not go to a ball.

On that day, they had to attend a Yule ball. 

"Why do we have to go again?" 

"Because our parents will hit us if we don't,"

"But-"

"Butts are for sitting on," Sirius said, winking at the girl. 

"Sirius!" The said girl whined. 

~Flaskback over~

It's funny how roles reverse so easily. How just a few friends can tip a scale. When younger, Sirius kept Valerie within the line. 

Now it was Valerie who kept Sirius within the line. All that was needed was the influence of James Potter. After their first year, Sirius started to become reckless, he got caught more often, and Valerie had to keep him under control. 

While Valerie made friends with Lily Evans, she helped Valerie realise that blood purity doesn't matter. More often than not, the muggle-borns can cast just as powerful spells as the purebloods can. After all, magic was magic. Lily showed her the world of books, the amount of life and magic hidden within a page.

"You remember that day?" Sirius asked. 

"Of course I do! The look on our parents' faces was priceless! And we didn't even get caught!"

"That was amazing," Sirius smiled. 

"Did you see Yaxley's face?" Valerie asked. 

"Obviously, he looked so embarrassed," Sirius laughed.