𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie and Tana watched as the person before them bubbled before becoming a version of themselves. 

Valerie's heart pounded in her ears, adrenaline rushing through her veins. 

The duo quickly stripped off their clothes, swapping them before putting the dress on again. 

Valerie, or Tana as she looked like now, rushed to the mirror, undoing her hair quickly as Tana followed. 

 As Valerie's, but really Tana's, long brunette hair came down her back in waves, she skillfully braided them into the intricate Dutch halo braid while Tana put her hair up in the same hairstyle Valerie had.

"I apologize for the intricate hairstyle. My parents forced me into it," Tana mumbled, rushing to help Valerie do the other side of her hair. 

While Valerie was halfway through braiding, a knock rattled on the door that they had locked. Valerie's eyes widened, her heart thumping louder in her chest, while Tana's hand nearly slipped. 

"Hurry!" Valerie whispered, but the rushing made it worse, as the braid nearly slipped from Valerie's hand. 

Another round of knocking pounded on the door. Valerie finally managed to finish her side as Tana braided the last run, tying the pieces and tucking them under, placing bobby pins to secure the hairstyle. 

They quickly smoothened their dresses, checking in the mirror, before turning to the door.

Another round of knocking. 

"Won't it be weird if we both leave together," Valerie whispered. 

"Oh shit," Tana mumbled. 

"Do the disillusionment charm, the person probably won't notice in a rush," Valerie said. 

As Valerie watched Tana, in her body, disappear, she opened the door to reveal a guest whose name she did not remember, frowning at her. She smiled apologetically before turning away and back to the ballroom. 

Tana quickly reappeared beside her. "What about our wands?" Tana whispered. "Keep yours inside your pocket, and no one will know," Valerie said. "Good luck," Valerie whispered as Tana entered the ballroom. Valerie waited, knowing it would look odd if she entered simultaneously.

After waiting for a couple of minutes before entering, from the corner of her eyes, she saw Alydia with a man at least a decade older than her. She tense, gritting her teeth together as she watched the man very obviously try to seduce her, unsuccessfully.

The orchestra changed songs, and the man asked Alydia to dance, she stiffened. 

Valerie scanned the room to see their father glaring at Alydia as if daring her to refuse. Alydia seemed to have noticed them too for her gloved hand was shivering as she hesitantly raised it.