𝐈𝐈𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie's eyes snapped open. She was drenched in sweat and scratches. Lily and Selina were standing over her with worried looks on their faces. "Are you okay?" Selina asked. 

"Just a nightmare..." Valerie mumbled before going towards the bathroom. "What time is it?" Valerie asked. 

"Seven," Lily replied. "I'll go wash up," Valerie said while walking into the bathroom and locking the door shut. "Let's wake up Marlene before we are late to class," Selina said, walking over to the sleeping girl. 

Valerie, meanwhile, got washed up for the day, dressed in her school uniform with black-heeled boots and mild makeup. 

As Valerie came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around her dripping hair, Selina rushed in, and Lily was still trying to get Marlene up.  

"I got this," Valerie said as she walked towards Marlene's bed, her hand raised. She flicked her hand sideways once, instantly drenching Marlene with ice-cold water. 

"What the?!?" Marlene shot up and fell off the bed, spluttering. Lily laughed at her expense while Valerie let out a tight-lipped smile. "Vallie!!" Marlene whined, her teeth chattering. 

One by one, Selina, Lily and Marlene got dressed, and the quartet of girls walked down the stairs to the common room, where the Marauders were waiting for Valerie. 

"Evens! You look gorgeous today -like every day- would you care to go out with me?" James asked, batting his eyelashes at the redhead. "No, you arrogant toe-rag!" Lily scowled at him and stormed out of the common room with hands clenched into fists. James's eyes dulled out a little, but the smile on his face never flickered. 

"We'll go after her," Selina sighed. "You coming, Valerie?" Marlene asked the blonde. "I think I'll come with them if you don't mind," Valerie said, pointing towards the Marauders. "Okay! See you at breakfast then!" Marlene said as she skipped out of the room, humming to some tune to herself. 

"Well, I guess we should go to breakfast as well," Remus said. "Yeah," With that, the Marauders left the room, Valerie skipping down to the Great Hall. 

When the five friends reached The Great Hall, it was buzzing with chatter. Valerie's face practically turned to stone. It was always like that. Valerie was often called the Ice Queen, for she never laughed, let alone smiled, in public. It hid her emotions, her trauma. It hid the pain behind a mask. 

The Marauders sat down at the Gryffindor table, Valerie sitting between Lily and Sirius and Marlene across from her.

Marlene, Valerie and Sirius each put heaps of food onto their plate. 

Professor McGonagall was giving out timetables when she passed the Marauders. "Minnie!" James and Sirius shouted, causing her to groan and smack her palm to her forehead. "Don't call me that, Mr Potter, Mr Black."