𝐗𝐕𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

The next few weeks the marauders spent trying to learn how to talk, eat and drink naturally with a leaf in their mouth. Peter had a more significant part of the trouble, while the other three adjusted to it quickly. Remus did question their weird speech once, but Valerie made an excuse and got out.

Valerie sat in the great hall, eating breakfast while tolerating James and Sirius's nonsense.

"What do you think would happen if I was a dog?" Sirius asked.

"I could actually call you a bitch!" James said with a smile. "You little piece of shit!" Sirius said as he reached over to pull James' hair.

Valerie and Remus sat opposite the duo, casually sipping their coffee. Peter, who was eating his cornflakes, threw a disgusted look at Remus and Valerie. "I don't understand how you can drink coffee," He muttered.

"PETER! Did you say you don't like coffee?! How dare you!" Sirius said, releasing James, who gasped.

"YOU DON'T LIKE COFFEE!?" He exclaimed. Valerie and Remus glanced at each other before getting up and leaving the trio.

"I have the first period free," Valerie said. "Me too. Want to go to the library?"

"Sure."

Valerie and Remus sat in the library with transfiguration, herbology, astronomy, charms, potions and ancient runes books pilled all around them neatly.

"Let's do Transfiguration first," Valerie said. The duo practised all the spells and went over their notes related to transfiguration.

"Rem?" Valerie asked, glancing at the boy and then at her books. "Yeah?"

"Are you nervous about our O.W.Ls?" She asked. Remus looked around before leaning towards her ear, "Yes. Yes, I am. If I mess up my O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts, I won't have a chance with my career." He said, tears filling his chocolaty brown eyes as she stared into them.

"Rem... You are so much more than that! You are kind to everyone, smart as hell, and you love chocolate! Not to mention you fold your bloody sock Remus John Lupin!" Valerie said, chuckling a little at the end. "No sane person could hate you," Valerie said. "That's what she told me as well," Remus said, sighing as he placed his head in his hands.

"Does she know?" Valerie asked. "No... though she does suspect something is wrong."

Just then, a slam was heard. Valerie's head snapped to see Edan standing there, a book directly below him. Valerie narrowed her eyes, "What now, Edan?" She asked.