𝐈𝐗

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie and the girls were heading to the Great Hall for dinner. It had been nearly two months since Halloween, and the heaps and mountains of homework only seemed to increase. "I swear the teachers are trying to drown us in parchment and books!" Marlene whined. "That will happen if you do everything the night before the day we hand it in!" Lily scolded, to which Marlene huffed. Valerie rolled her eyes at their banter. 

The four girls soon entered the Great Hall. Valerie sat at the Gryffindor table beside Sirius and across from Remus. The other three arranged them beside Valerie. "How was your study session?" Sirius asked. Valerie shrugged her shoulders. "Marlene did homework while Lily and I went over our notes." 

As soon as the last of the dessert plates emptied, Dumbledore stood up. "My dear students!" He addressed. "This year, we have decided to host a Christmas Ball here in Hogwarts."

 The girls cheered while the boys groaned. Sirius smacked his head on the table. "This event will be for fourth-years and up," 

This caused the younger years to groan in annoyance. "We'll have to find dates," James stated. 

"Evens-" James started, only to be smacked across the forehead by Valerie. "Vallie!" He whined, rubbing his hand on his head. "You can ask her later," She whispered to him. 

"We'll have to shop for dresses!" Selina squealed. 

"You will have to wear formal wear, dress robes for boys and dresses for girls. Enjoy," Dumbledore announced. 

As if on cue, the boys groaned as the girls discussed what dress and accessories they were going to wear. "I'll have to go shopping!" James said, looking horrified. "Me too," Remus and Selina said, causing both to blush and turn away and Marlene to smirk. "I'll have to go shopping too!" Lily said. 

"That's not a problem for me," Sirius mumbled. Valerie resisted a giggle at that. "Me neither,"

"It will take place on 23rd December, here in the great hall," Dumbledor continued once the chatter died.

"A day before the holidays,"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The next afternoon, Valerie was sitting in the common room reading when a shadow was cast over her. She looked up and resisted the urge to groan. Standing above her was Ace Hunt. 

"What do you want?" She snarled. 

"You," 

Valerie flipped him off. Ace just laughed. "You're cute when you are angry," 

"Then I am about to look fucking adorable if you don't move," 

"I just wanted to ask you if you would go to the ball with your handsome-"