𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie Bellerose was not happy. Not happy at all. Evan Rosier was coming over to her house for the seventh time that week, and it was only Thursday. She didn't mind the boy. It was the reason that troubled her the most.

A knock commenced on the door. "Come in," Her voice was colder, sharper. 

"Yes, Twinky?" 

"Heir Roseir is here," She said, looking up at her with her tennis-ball size blue eyes staring with sympathy. "Thank you, Twinky. I'll be down in a minute."

Valerie sighed, walking over to the mirror, nodding at her reflection before leaving her room... wearing a muggle leather jacket over her short light blue dress. 

 A smirk danced across her face as she walked down the staircase, her high-top converses allowing her to walk silently. Evan smirked back at her while her Father's eyes darkened to nearly black. Smoke practically poured around him as she looked at his daughter's outfit. Her sister bit her lip to hold in her giggles. However, Mother's proud smile gave her all the confidence she needed to keep moving. 

Valerie reached the bottom of the stairs, her Father's cruel eyes never leaving her 'muggle' outfit. 

"Hey, Evan. Allow me to walk you to the library," Valerie said, holding her hand out to the boy. "Will you ask your father before leaving the room?" Sévère asked. 

"I didn't realise I had to ask permission to walk around in my own home, but since you insist, 'May I, please, leave the room, Father?" Valerie mocked her Father, eyes dancing with amusement as her Father's face contorted into a mask of anger. "You will NOT talk to your Father like that, Valerie," Sévère said sternly. "I apologize, Father. May I please leave now?" Valerie said, keeping her voice as polite as possible. "Leave."

She bit her lip before grabbing Evan's hand and dragging him to the library. 

"What you are doing is very risky, Valerie," Evan muttered once they were out of earshot. "I know," Valerie said, smiling. She giggled, running her hand through her long blonde hair, "Come on, hurry up, Rosier!" She chuckled.

Once they were both seated at their usual spot on the table, Valerie said, "I figured it out."

"Wha-what?" Evan spluttered.

"I figured out how to run away," Valerie said. Evan smiled back at her, laughing, but when she didn't join in, he stopped, "Wait, you're serious?" He asked. "No, I am Valerie. Sirius is my best-" 

"You get what I mean!" 

"Yeah, I'm just messing with you." Valerie chuckled. "Yeah, I am not joking."

Evan ran a hand through his hair, "Go on then, " He said, gesturing with his hand. Valerie spent the afternoon working on the plan, foolproofing it to fit their demands. 

"How much more time do we have?" Evan asked. "A week."

"A week to plan it all. How should I tell Tana?" Evan asked.

Before Valerie could even think about his question, a panicked and tortured scream rippled through the halls. Valerie tensed, jumping out of her seat and rushing down the library, sliding over handrails, trying to source the scream in the echoing labyrinth. Evan followed her rushing behind her. 

"Father! Stop! Stop!" Alydia's cries rang in Valerie's ears as she entered the living room.

To find her mother withering on the floor screaming in pain as the torture curse ran through her bones.

Valerie's heart sank to the bottom of her stomach, fear and anger intertwining within her. "No!" she cried out, rushing to her mother's side. She reached out, trying to shield her mother from the curse, but Sévère batted her hand away with a flick of his wand.

"Father, stop it! You're hurting her!" Valerie screamed, her eyes brimming with tears.

Eloise's convulsions began to slow, her screams turning into whimpers of pain. Sévère lowered his wand, stepping back and watching with a cold, detached expression as his wife lay trembling on the floor.

Evan, horrified by the scene, looked around frantically, trying to figure out what to do. "Valerie, don't make any rash decisions."

Valerie nodded in response. "I won't."

Alydia gathered herself and, with a shaky breath, said, "Evan, help me get my mother out of here. Now."

Without hesitating, Evan moved to help Valerie lift her mother, supporting her as they made their way out of the room. Sévère's rage-filled eyes followed them, but he didn't move to stop them. The atmosphere was thick with tension, but all that mattered to Valerie and Evan was getting Eloise to safety.

Once they were far enough away from Sévère's reach, they carefully laid Eloise down in her bedroom. Her breaths were shallow, and her body still shook with the aftereffects of the curse. Valerie's heart ached at the sight of her mother in such a state.

Evan paced around the room, running a hand through his hair. "We need to get a house elf here, immediately."

Alydia nodded and called out, "Twinky!" The house elf appeared instantly, her large blue eyes wide with concern.

"Miss Alydia! What has happened?" Twinky squeaked.

"Twinky! Pepper up potion, now!" Alydia ordered. Twinky left with a pop.

"Mom's already too weak, I don't think she can handle any more curses!" Alydia muttered. Valerie placed a hand on the younger girl's shoulder, "Mom's strong, we'll fix this." She said.

Alydia nodded, fighting back tears. They heard a pop, and Twinky appeared again, holding a small vial of pepper-up potion. She handed it to Alydia, who carefully administered it to Eloise.

Within moments, Eloise's breathing improved, and a bit of colour returned to her cheeks. Valerie and Evan exchanged relieved glances, while Alydia whispered words of encouragement to her mother.

Twinky watched anxiously, wringing her hands. "Is there anything else Twinky can do to help, Miss Alydia?" she asked. "No thank you Twinky, we'll take it from here," Alydia said. Twinky bowed low, before disappearing.

"One week. We have to bear this for just one more week," Evan muttered. "We'll during your engagement then?" Alydia asked. "That was the plan," Valerie muttered.

"I'll help," Alydia said, her sharp words more of a demand than a question. "Try not to get killed," Evan joked. But all three of them knew it wasn't one.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚛𝚜