𝐗

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie was standing in front of the mirror in all her glory. The ends of her hair had been dyed red and green and were in curls, with a gold tiara weaved in the front strands. She was sporting a red dress with net sleeves, a sweetheart neckline and a skirt that flowed effortlessly. 

Selina, Lily and Marlene were waiting outside the dorm while she slipped her dress. Selina, Lily and Marlene were waiting outside the dorm while she slipped her dress on. 

"Are you done?!" The impatient voice of Selina came through the wooden door. Just as Valerie opened the door, a gasp echoed in her ears. "Valerie, you look..." Selina failed to find an adjective to describe the beauty of the veela in front of her. Marlene opened and closed her mouth like a fish, while Lily had a much more controlled reaction. "You look absolutely stunning, Valerie," She complimented. Valerie smiled at their praises, "Thanks, guys, and you look stunning to Lils," 

Lily's hair was in a braid bun, and her dress showed off her figure. 

Selina was done with her hair and makeup and was waiting for Valerie to change into her ballgown. 

While Selina locked the door, a knock came on the door. "Yes?" Valerie asked, without making any move to open the door. "Just informing, the ball starts in around half an hour." James's voice came from the other side of the door. "Noted," Marlene shouted back. "Also, the guys are going to be waiting in the Great Hall for you girls," 

"Got it, see you there," Valerie said. She sat on the bed, adding a few last-minute touches to her makeup. On her feet, she slipped on maroon boots and tied them up.

After five more minutes, Selina walked out of the room in her pink dress. Her hair was in a half-up-half-down halo braid. "You look hot," Marlene commented as she entered the bathroom. 

Ten minutes later, Marlene walked out in a spaghetti-strap blue gown. Her hair was in a French braid ponytail. 

Selina and Marlene slipped on their shoes, and the four girls started to walk down. When they reached the portrait hole, Valerie realised she had forgotten her locket. "Hey, I'll be back in a second. I forgot my locket." She hastily explained. "You guys go ahead," 

Selina opened her mouth to protest, but Marlene dragged her away and out of the portrait with Lily in tow. Valerie walked to the deserted room and found her locket on the bedside table. She swiftly slipped the gold heart around her neck. 

Valerie's hand reached up to the heart-shaped charm.

'Always & Forever'

A smile graced her lips. She gazed at it and clicked it open. Two magical pictures were framed inside. One was of her with the Marauders, laughing and giggling while sitting in their dorm. The other picture was one with her sister. Alydia was chasing Valerie on the shore of the black lake. The dark waters behind them were still, looking like frozen glass, but the weather around them was cheery.