𝐗𝐈𝐗

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie stood in the Marauders' dorm, four vials of animagus potion in her hand, as the lighting storm brewed outside. This was their third attempt, as they had to restart, once because Peter chewed up his leaf and the second time because the lighting storm didn't come when it was due.

Remus had still not been told about it. He was on a last-minute 'hangout' (which totally wasn't a date) with Selina. 

"This is it," Valerie shook her arms, nerves wracking her body. She handed one vial to each member. 

"Amato Animo Animato Animagus," The four chorused.

Her breath hitched as the foul-tasting potion travelled down her throat. 

After an anti-climatic silence, Valerie felt her bones begin to shift and change, making her shudder. The dorm turned larger and larger and the red-orange tones dulled, and the blues and violet hues became bolder. After that uncomfortable feeling passed, Valerie took a look around. And she fell, standing on two paws as an animal, was not easy. She walked towards the mirror placed in their dorm and let out a tiny whine. 

For in her place stood a white-silvery fur cat with the same baby blue eyes as hers. Her paws had long crystal claws, her tail wagged happily behind her, and as she wiggled her furry, cat ears, she let out a tiny giggle, which sounded more like a purr. 

The other three boys in the room had also transformed.  

James could barely fit in the room. Being a large stag, his antlers were long, and his hind legs crashed into his bed. 

Sirius became a Black dog. His sparkling grey eyes still shined in his dog form. His raven fur was long and uncombed. 

Peter became a garden rat. His mousy brown hair was now his brown fur. His front teeth appeared out of his mouth.

Sirius barked loudly, causing Valerie to look down, her white-silvery fur looked majestic in the sunlight, and her eyes glistened like sparkles. 

The trio ran around the room, James just moved around, trying to fit his large body in the tiny dorm. Sirius chased Valerie, who was chasing Peter.

She willed herself to turn back into a human, the dorm slowly changed to its original size and its original colour scheme returned as she stood once more in the place of the cat.

"Just will yourself to turn into a human," Valerie explained. 

"That was uncomfortable," she muttered.

Once the other three turned back into humans, Valerie started giggling. "Sirius is a bitch," She called, her voice sing-song and airy, and Sirius pouted. "I am not a bitch! I am a- A- grim!" He announced. "You remembered something?!" Valerie cried dramatically.