𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Valerie woke up with her bare arms covered in shards of glass and splinters. She groaned in pain as she tried to get up. Memories of last night flooded her mind. Tears seeped into her eyes as she forced herself to wipe them off. She told herself that crying won't help her anymore.

A knock was heard on the door. When told to come in, Eloise entered the room. She looked at the broken porcelain, wood, and other items scattered around the room. She took a deep breath and glanced at Valerie, who furiously wiped tears from her face. Eloise sighed as she made her way to comfort her daughter.

Eloise felt guilty. She wanted to stop the marriage, and she tried to, but words couldn't come out of her mouth. She sat on the bed beside Valerie placing her arm on the young girl's shoulders. 

Valerie curled into her mother's embrace, letting the tears fall. The salty water soaked her mother's dress,  not that she cared. Eloise stroked Valerie's white-blonde hair, for she couldn't whisper words of comfort. 

Valerie's tear-streaked eyes gazed at her mother's guilt-filled face. "It's not your fault... No matter what you did, Father still would have arranged a marriage for me," She reasoned.

'I could have tried,' 

"Could you? If not Evan, it would have been some other pureblood,"

'Run away, I'll help you, don't fall into the same trap I did,' Her mother signed. 'Run away, my warrior,'

'Come on, let's get you cleaned up,'

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Alidya walked into one of the extra rooms in their castle while searching for art supplies to see her mother and sister painting one of those muggle canvases. 

Valerie was covered in still bandages, some on old wounds, some on new, but she was still cheerful. Masked cheerfulness, she noted.

She smiled when Valerie laughed. She let out a genuine laugh, her head thrown back and her shoulders slightly shaking as she flashed her perfect white teeth. 

Laughter in the walls of the Belle Castle was rear. The castle was filled with fear, anger, sadness and tears. Most of the time, their mother was the only one who could make the two siblings laugh in the castle. 

Alidya's smile faded when she remembered why she had come. "Valerie?" She asked. Valerie turned, green paint was on her nose, and various colours were plastered on her hands.