ORIGINS

One day, a boy named Peter Parker plays tag with his two friends Harry Osborne and Gwen Stacy, the boys fathers owning multi million dollar companies (Parker Industries and Oscorp) and Gwen Stacy's father whose a police officer. As Peter runs from Harry and Gwen, he doesn't watch where he is going and falls down an old well. Peter hits the bottom hard, knocking his glasses off of his face.

"Pete, are you ok!?" Harry yells down.

"Yeah, I think so." Peter replies, clutching arm.

"Hold on, I'll go get help." Gwen tells him, as they both run off to his house.

Peter slowly sits up on the ground, still can't fully stand up. As he hears noises down in the well, he starts reach around in the dark for his glasses. Peter finally finds them and quickly puts them on, looking around, seeing a cave and a giant spider web near him. A bunch of bats then fly through the web, swarming Peter. Peter covers his head and screams while the bats fly all over him. As all the bats fly out of the cave, his father Richard Parker, lowers down in climbing gear.

"It's ok, Peter. It's ok."

Richard extends his hand and Peter takes it, and they soon get out of the cave. Later, Peter is laying in bed while Harry and Gwen is next to him. His butler(Benjamin Pennyworth) then brings him a glass of water.

"Thanks, Uncle Ben."

Ben smiles.

"My pleasure, Master Peter." He says, leaving the room.

"Why do you call your butler uncle?" Harry asks.

Peter just shrugs and drinks his water.

"I think it's sweet." Gwen says.

Her and Peter share a smile. Harry notices this and folds his arm in disapproval. Peter's dad then walks into the room.

"Ok, come on kids, I'll have Ben take you two home. I think we've all had enough excitement for one day."

Harry gives Peter a fist bump and runs out of the room, and Gwen gives him a kiss on the cheek and follows Harry.

"Get some rest, ok kiddo?" Richard tells him.

Peter nods and tries to go to sleep as his father leaves the room. He closes his eyes, all he sees is the bats swarming all around.

Years later, a teenage Peter wakes up from the same nightmare in a cold sweat. His parents then walk into the room, worried about their son.

"You ok, sweetheart?" Peter's mom, Mary Parker, asks.

Peter wipes the sweat from his forehead and looks at them.

"Yeah, I'm ok." Peter says, obviously lying.

Richard looks at his son with kind eyes, reassuring him.

"Was it the bats again?"

Peter hesitates answering the question for a minute, slowly nodding his head. Richard then sits on the bed with Peter.

"You know why they attacked you, right? Because they were afraid of you."

Peter scoffs.

"Yeah, right."

"I'm serious, all creatures feel fear. In fact, I bet they were probably even more scared than you were."

Peter chuckles.

"I doubt that, I was pretty scared."

They all share a chuckle.

"Get some sleep, sweet heart. You have that big field trip to that special science exhibit tomorrow." Mary says, kissing Peter's forehead.