RECRUITMENT

Peter is a little bit surprised that people were able to get into the Batcave without him noticing but feels that he doesn't have to take action yet. The woman looks over at the Spider-Bat suit with a smirk.

"And all these years, I thought Spider-Bat was just a ghost story. Guess I owe you five bucks, Fury."

"Well, life is just a full of surprises. For instance, right now two people have broken into my home." Peter replies.

Fury chuckles.

"I apologize for the abrupt visit. But we needed to talk in private, and this felt like the best place to do it." Fury says.

At that moment, Ben walks down to the cave.

"Sir, it's getting late. Are you heading to be-"

Ben pauses when he sees people with Peter.

"Oh my. I was unaware we had visitors." Ben says.

"Ben. Meet, Nicholas Joseph "Nick" Fury. Former Colonel of the United States Army, now the director of the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division. Or Shield for short. And Dinah Romanoff, The Black Raven, one of the most talented spies in the world." Peter says.

Dinah smirks.

"Looks like someone did there homework."

"I do my research. Especially when people look into me without permission." Peter says.

Nick Fury thinks for a moment.

"You knew we were keeping tabs on you." Fury says.

"Apparently, I didn't know how long considering you know who I am. So, what's going on?"

Fury pulls out a disc and drops it to the ground to show holograms of the current situation.

"As you may know, there's been sightings of creatures abducting innocent people and planting mysterious devices in Metropolis. Alien tech."

Peter takes a closer look at the device.

"Not just Metropolis, New York too. Did you ask the alien that's actually in Metropolis about it?" Peter asks.

"I did actually, says it's not Kryptonian so he wouldn't have any idea about it. Besides guys been frozen in a block of ice for nearly seventy years." Fury replies.

"So where do I come in to all of this?" Peter asks.

"We have reason to believe that this is just the start of something bigger. A large scale invasion of earth. We're gathering a team to stop them." Dinah says.

Peter is hesitant for a moment as Fury turns off the hologram.

"I know this city needs you. But right now the world needs you more. Think about it." Fury says.

He and Dinah then leave the cave, as Peter thinks to himself. Ben soon approaches behind him.

"What are you thinking sir?"

Peter smirks.

"I think- its time for Parker Industries did a little business in Metropolis."

The next day in Coast City, in an aircraft base, founder of Stark Aircraft, Hal Stark is working on flight simulator. As he works, he hears a voice behind him.

"I am Iron Lantern." Fury says, holding a news paper with an article on the front with Hal reveals himself to be the Hero Iron Lantern.

Hal quickly looks up and sees Fury standing there, surprised.

"Uh, who the hell are you?"

"Nick Fury. Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm here to talk to about the Avengers Initiative."

Hal stares at Fury for a moment.

"Ok..."

Later on, In Washington DC, a limo pulls up to the white house with the hero Ms. Wonder inside and a man named Steve Trevor. She then sees many protesters, angry about something and she quickly gets out of the car.

"Diana, wait." Steve says.

When Ms. Wonder steps out of the car, the crowd of protesters are silent. She then pulls out her sword.

"I am Diana Danvers of Themyscira! Tell me whom you speak of and they shall taste my steel."

She then looks closer at the signs and realizes that they are upset at her.

"You gather to protest- me?"

The crowd is still silent, then Dinah points out a man in the front of the crowd.

"You. What is your problem with me?" She asks.

"Well if you want the truth, you swing that sword around and you scare normal people. You shoot freaky beams from your hands, and you dress like a whore." He says.

As the crowd agrees, She wraps her lasso around the man and it starts to glow.

"The laso compels you. Tell us your truth."

The man tries to resist but can't fight it.

"I wear a Ms. Wonder outfit when I'm home alone. It makes me feel powerful."

Ms. Wonder laughs as she pulls back her lasso.

"Embrace your truth, my friend. My costume makes me feel powerful too."

As she walks away, she is met by someone in the crowd.

"You sure are a people person." The stranger says.

"I try to be. And are you here to protest against me as well?"

"Not exactly. I'm Dinah Romanoff, agent of shield. We need your help." She says.

At Central City Pietro Allen (a forensic chemist) is working in the lab while eating a taco.

"Pietro Allen." A voice says.

Pietro quickly turns around, with pieces of taco on his face to see a man named Phil Coulson, an agent of shield.

"Uh, hello- sir? I'm sorry, who are you exactly?"

"I'm not here to talk about who I am. I'm here to talk about who you are, Mercury."

Pietro's eyes widen.

"Uhhh what? Mercury? I'm not Mercury, there's no way I can run remotely that fa-"

Before Pietro can finish his sentence, Phil aims his gun at him and shoots. Pietro easily catches the bullet as blue lighting surrounds his body.

"Now that we got that out of the way, come with me. We have some important things to discuss." Phil says, walking out of the room.

Pietro just stands there in confusion

"What if I didn't catch the bullet though?" He asks, following Coulson.

Meanwhile back in New York, Peter lays awake, staring at the ceiling. Andrea rolls over to him, seeing that he hasn't even went to sleep once.

"What do you think about all this?"

Peter doesn't answer for a moment.

"I'm not sure. I mean when I became Spider-Bat, I never planned on being a team player. Not to mention whatever this threat is, it's clearly unlike anything I've ever gone up against."

Andrea puts her hand on his chest.

"But you are going. Right?"

Peter softly grabs Andrea's hand and pulls her in close.

"I have to. With great power comes great responsibility."

Andrea smiles, then kisses Peter.

"Just comeback in one piece, ok?" She says.

Peter smiles.

"I'll do my best."